Thursday, February 06, 2014

nails inc. Porchester Square

Last week I was watching an essiebutton video when I noticed her nails.  I immediately became completely enamored with whatever she had on, so I checked the downbar to see if she had listed it...and she did!  So the next time I was in Sephora I made a beeline for nails inc. and picked up Porchester Square.






As you probably noticed, the bottle has a sticker on it that says "Hero Shade."  Maybe that means it's super popular?  If so, I can definitely see why.  This is a pretty amazing little chameleon of a color.  nails inc. describes it as "mushroom," and I would say that I agree.  It definitely pulls purple on me, but in the bottle it almost looks like a really dirty pink.  I feel like after a couple years ago after colors like RBL Grunge/OPI Tickle My France-y came out, shades like this are sort of a dime a dozen; I like to call them edgy neutrals.  But for some reason this one looks special to me.  I don't know!  I'm just all about it.  Like, you know how sometimes you see a color on someone and then you're all, gotta have it, but then once you get it you're kind of like, eh...? (see recent post on Zoya Piaf, for example)  This was not one of those times.  I saw it, I wanted it, I got it, and I love it.  It also helps that the formula on this polish is literally flawless.  It is the perfect consistency and opacity (two coats shown above), and it was a pleasure to use.  I only have one other nails inc. shade (I think?  I'll have to check), but now I really want to take a good hard look at some of the cremes in their line and invest in a few more.

It big-time snowed here yesterday.  I went to the grocery store the night before it came down, and people were so freaked out that the shelves were looking pretty bare.  I got my provisions (these included strawberries, produce for Vitamix soup, and a can of whipped cream; I am really bad at preparing for disastrous weather situations, like when I bought a bag of apples and a bridal magazine before Hurricane Sandy) and hunkered down for the night.  When I woke up, like every morning, I saw this in my face:

I actually did take this picture as Remy was kneading my chest, which he does every morning when he decides it's time for me to get up.

I took a peek outside and it was pretty bad.  But I drove to the gym anyway like an idiot.  Now I'm home again and hanging out with this fuzzy cat.  The curtains are open and I can see that the snow is still coming down.  I'm really over winter.  Like, for real this time.

Remy won't abide selfies when there are snowblowers going outside.  He has to go guard the door and growl to make sure no one comes inside with a loud machine.  He's very threatening, even with the fluffy tail and the baby voice (he's not).

That's all for today.  Thoughts on Porchester Square?  Did any of you guys get snow?  How are you keeping warm?  I'm using the flannel pajama set method myself.

22 comments:

  1. I love Porchester Square, but check out the Gel Effects version! It's even better and "plumping" which is pretty dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up and it actually looks like a bit of a different color, maybe? It looks lighter to my eye. I'll check it out next time I'm in Sephora!

      Delete
  2. Seriously pretty. I (I still) need Baker Square so maybe I'll have to pick this up too.

    I am so freaking over snow and winter. It's been snowing fairly non-stop the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me want pie! I think it's called Baker Street.

      Yeah, I'm totally ready for springtime. This is bullshit.

      Delete
  3. I've been waiting for my nails go grow out more before I wear this one; it's been languishing on my bedside table for a couple weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails are pretty short and I think it looks okay! Maybe you should take it out and give it a try.

      Delete
    2. Eeee, you're right, it looks amazing! Never going to take it off!

      Delete
  4. Hrnnnnnnggggggg this color… I've needed and wanted it for forever and someday I will make it mine. I really want to get it in the gel formula just because. We got a TON of snow here yesterday as well (and, as per usual, Boston had nowhere to put it all so basically everything was closed/shut down); reminded me of home and I loved it (people here think I'm weird… I assure them I'm just Minnesotan). Oh and you're so very lucky Remy wakes you up in such a polite and loving way! Galileo just screams "MYAAAAAA. MROWWWWWWWW. MRRRRRRRRRR" until I get out of bed and chase him around the apartment.

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand missing snow! I think if we got none here I would probably miss it, but by February I am so over it.

      Remy also yells at me, but only if I stay in bed for longer than a few minutes after he starts to knead my boobs. Very demanding, these cat-babies.

      Delete
  5. I love grey polish and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? It's definitely not your typical gray.

      Delete
  6. I got this one for Christmas....loveeee it. I was shocked how nice the formula is. Sometimes cremes are not my friend but this was perfect.

    I live in Atlanta - the holy grail for comedians after the 2 inches of snow last week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. Hopefully you're okay after all that freeway stuff, etc.

      Delete
  7. Love the swatch. Unrelated to nails, but what do you use on your eyebrows? I have similar hair/skin coloring, and I've been stumped on what to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL. It's Anastasia Brow Wiz in blonde. I've been trying out a few other things lately, but then I finally just got the Brow Wiz and MOTHER OF GOD it's good. It gets a ringing endorsement from me.

      Delete
  8. I love neutral and kind of more discreet polishes and this one looks really great! Thanks for the idea..lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitty makes me need a ragdoll kitty. i want a velcro-cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally support your getting one. I kind of want another one, but I feel like Remy would be very jealous.

      Delete
  10. Oh,it is wonderful!
    This is Alice from BornPretty store.I found that you are interested in nail art designs.Could you please review our nail art products?
    If you are interested ,please feel free to contact :blog@bornprettystore.com
    Our online store:www.bornprettystore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice. I think I've contacted you before and haven't heard anything back, actually. I'll peruse your site and see if there's anything I want to review. Thanks for dropping a line.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!