Friday, February 14, 2014

Shopping My Stash Cupid Edition: China Glaze DV8

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Last year at this time I was hanging out with my best friend in Harlem eating Sour Patch Kids and Mexican food on my apartment floor.  This year I'm in a better situation (except my best friend is far away again) but I get to see Ben.  So that's nice.  Obviously Rach and I had to have a Valentine's theme for this Shopping My Stash post, and I immediately had an idea for a polish I wanted to use:  China Glaze BFF because of those little chalky candy hearts that have silly sayings on them (BFF is one).  But Y'ALL my bottle of BFF turned brown.  It's supposed to be bright pink, but when I took mine out it looked kind of like mud with a pink tint.  Because I had to change my plan I decided to use China Glaze DV8 from the same collection, since it's still text speak and Valentine-heart-y.  ish.









I accidentally bought the Sweet Tart version of these chalk-hearts, and DAMN THEY ARE GOOOOOOD.  I was convinced I wouldn't eat any of them because I hate the weird (original) Tums-flavored ones.  But these?  I've had a bowl of these in the kitchen for the past week and I keep eating them.


Okay, so even though I deviated from my original plan, I'm glad I chose DV8 (see what I did there?! har).  It still matches my trendy text-speak candy heart theme, and...well, look at it.  It's pretty gorgeous, and its holo is really strong and linear, like most of the OMG polishes.  It's just ridiculously beautiful.  The formula was also phenomenal; I remember the formula on OMG being kind of obnoxious, so I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  It was basically a one-coater, but I did two just to be safe and to get the best holo effect possible.  I also didn't use topcoat.  It dries really fast on its own, though, so not using topcoat isn't a huge deal...except these OMG polishes really don't wear that well.  So there's that to consider.

If you don't have this one and you want it, I found one listing on eBay (but it's going for like $40!  Yuck).  I'm glad that I have DV8, and it really makes me want to seek out the other OMG polishes that I'm missing (roughly half the collection...yikes).  Regardless, I had fun looking at this one in the rare February sun while I wore it.  

Hey, guess who doesn't want to be my valentine?  This fuzzball.

He's all, GIRL.  Stop.  I'm looking at something out the window.  It's important.

Tonight Ben and I are going out to a fondue dinner--a fondinner, if you will--so that will be exciting.  I always like having fondue, because I think it's sort of romantic and interactive, etc.  Looking forward to it.  I hope that everyone has a good Valentine's Day, and if you're not celebrating then I hope you have a wonderful Friday.  Make sure you head on over to Rach's blog and check out her V-Day pick.  I will leave you with this horrible Oatmeal Valentine's card and I'll talk to you next week!

Unicorn enchiladas for everyone!

11 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for also hating the original sweetheart candies!! I swear every time I say that to anyone they look at me like a leper. Glad to hear that they fixed the flavor with a sweet tart concoction! Onto the polish: it's lovely. I can't wait to wear some holos once the sun is an actual thing again. Have a wonderful Valentines day with your boo!

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holos are so fun. I rarely wear them because I feel like they just flake off of me super quickly, but when I do wear them I definitely enjoy them!

      Hope you had a good Valentine's Day, too!!

      Delete
  2. I love DV8 but don't own it in my stash. But I refuse to pay $40 .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I couldn't get you my BFF in time but DV8 looks gorgeous on you. Have fun at fondue. Now I want to have a fondue night at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!

      Fondue was great. Ridiculously filling, as usual. I tried to prepare by only having yogurt for lunch, but I still felt so full I was sleepy by the time we left the restaurant...!

      Delete
  4. I sort of like the old candy hearts (they used to be called "conversation hearts" but I don't know if they use that name any more!) but I like SweetTarts too, so I'm good either way. I don't have any of the OMG collection, I wish I did, but like everybody else is saying, I don't want it bad enough to pay eBay prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they are still called conversation hearts, but I couldn't remember that name!

      Yeah, the OMGs are hard to get your hands on, but luckily there are a lot of good holo alternatives these days. More companies make them and they can be had for more reasonable prices.

      Delete
  5. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. shoppingpage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once I thought about things like: why such information is for free here? Because when you write a book then at least on selling a book you get a percentage. Thank you and good luck on informing people more about it! Online shoppers

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!