Thursday, March 27, 2014

China Glaze What A Pansy

YOU KNOW, periwinkle is a polish color that never gets old for me.  Maybe it's because I think it looks great against my skin.  Maybe it's because I find the color calming.  Maybe it's because I think it works for many seasons.  Whatever the reason, I love it.  So when I saw there was a striking periwinkle creme in the China Glaze City Flourish collection, the decision to buy it was pretty much made for me.





look how purple this photo ended up!  not color accurate, but isn't it pretty??


There is no better way to describe What A Pansy than as simply periwinkle.  It's a creme.  Its formula was delightful, and what you see here is two coats.  I love this color on shorter nails, and I had to cut mine off the other day because they were just bugging me.  I hope this polish gets good wear time, because, like I said, I really like this color on me and I wouldn't mind wearing it for a few days.  Also the name sort of delights me.  I'm surprised China Glaze didn't have a name referencing a pansy before this.   

And now for something totally off topic:  check out the new little friend I have on my dashboard.  Ben is an expert at feeling those mystery Lego packages and figuring out which character is in them, so I asked him to find me the coffee guy.  And he did!  I put him together and we stuck him down with some velcro.  I think he's adorable.  And apparently his name is Larry.


Alright, that's all for today.  Does anyone else feel the same way about periwinkle polishes that I do?  More importantly, who thinks "periwinkle" is a funny word?

16 comments:

  1. I looooove periwinkle...both the color and the funny name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this one! I passed it up, but I'm thinking I should reconsider. If you love periwinkle, you should check out Milani Power Periwinkle. It's more on the blue side, but a fantsstic formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw that one at CVS recently and thought of picking it up! Maybe now I'll go back for it.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a periwinkle, but I think I'd like the way it would look against my skin tone. I agree that it's a funny word!

    Larry is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god!!!! i LOVE the little coffee guy. what i don't love, is grammar when i type, as you can always tell by the comments i leave you with abhorrent capitalization. hillshire farms. GO ME(AT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, your grammar is fine, no worries.

      Delete
  5. I love periwinkles too (though truth be told I've never thought about the word being a bit strange haha)!! They really are just so soothing, good for any season, and go with just plain everything. This looks like an all around winner!! Pretty sure I'll have to go hunt this down… :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it highly. I'm still enjoying it today, although it's starting to chip :( Sad! Just another nail painting opportunity.

      Delete
  6. I love periwinkle ! Probably one of my forever favorite colors ! I also love the little Lego Larry ! "Sandwich" is my go-to funny word. (tho periwinkle is plenty funny too)
    #wordsareweird

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love periwinkle and no matter that I probably already have 25 different periwinkle polishes...I will likely get this one. My DH will shake his head and say, "Well, you obviously needed that...you were getting low." ;) I personally think biscuit is a funny word, but usually when I say that people look at me as if I have lobsters crawling out my ears, so I'll just stop here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my significant other is basically a saint for putting up with all of my makeup clutter.

      Delete
  8. My friend is super-awesome and figuring out those figures. He gave me three for my birthday, as in had three specific ones to get me and found them-a Scottish warrior girl (like Merida in Brave), a gypsy (like Esmerelda in Hunchback) and a Roman woman warrior (Meg from Hercules?). I think they are the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? This past Christmas we wanted to get my friend a yeti, so Ben felt all the packages until he came across one. Then one of our other friends had done the same thing, so he ended up with three yetis. Yeti army.

      Super fun. I'd love to have one like Merida!

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!