Monday, March 03, 2014

Essie A Crewed Interest

First, can we all share a collective WAHOO! that February is over?  Yay for March!  I can't wait until it goes out like a lamb.

I knew that Essie A Crewed Interest would be a difficult polish.  I remembered reading reviews of it back in 2012 and passing on it even though I liked the color because a pastel formula from Essie is rarely a joy to work with.  But when Michelle decided she wanted to get rid of it while I was helping her organize I decided to take it home with me.  Was it worth it?  

[if my cuticles look orange it's not because I've been indulging in Cheetos, SADLY.  Lara's Theme did some staining when I removed it]






Totally worth it.

[two things:  first I had just watched Frozen for the first time and wanted to do some Elsa-esque purple shadow (it turned out really nicely); second, I hit pan on Urban Decay Last Call!!  It's been a long road with that shadow, guys; a long road.]

A Crewed Interest is a light peach.  It might be slightly more orange than pink, but not by much.  I really like how colors like this look on me.  I also have sort of a sentimental attachment to peach because it was the color of a bedspread or a duvet cover that my mom had on my bed when I was a little girl.  But anyway, I can see why this polish frustrates people.  Yes, the formula isn't good.  This is three coats, and it looks mostly opaque and even, but I did not have an easy time getting it to look like that.  What I did was load the brush with polish to avoid streaks, and then I waited about five minutes between each coat to avoid cuticle drag.  I topped it off with NYC GCS.  

Pretty much as soon as I had finished applying top coat my power went out.  It wasn't just my power, it was all over my city and several surrounding cities.  It went out around 11 on Saturday night, and for a lot of people it was still out at 9am on Sunday.  Luckily for me mine came back on around 4 in the morning on Saturday (except it scared the ever loving crap out of me because my tv and all my lights came back on and woke me up).  Which is good because I was alone (aside from Remy), we live next to an empty field so it was totally pitch black, and it was 10 degrees out so it got cold in here fast.  Once my nails were dry (of course) I piled on four blankets, put on snuggly pjs, and hunkered down to text with a bunch of friends who kept me company.  I was particularly irritated that the power went out right in the middle of When Harry Met Sally.  But, you know, sometimes life throws you curve balls like that.  The tv gods smile upon you by playing your favorite movie on a Saturday night when you have nothing to do, and then the electricity gods just take it away.  C'est la vie. 

Alright, that's all for today.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend, too.  Ben comes home today, so I'm excited to hear about his trip and to find out WHAT SOUVENIRS HE BROUGHT ME.  Here's hoping for kitsch, y'all.  Here's hoping.  Opinions on A Crewed Interest?  Are you willing to deal with a crappy formula if the color is nice and you're happy with the end result?   

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice color! It definitely looks like it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you found a peach! :D I love it on you.

    (I also love Cheetos, but I don't get to eat them unless I have a bag of Munchies Cheese Fix with me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only love the poofy Cheetos. Can't stand the crunchy ones.

      Delete
  3. Aww, when I saw the photos, I was hoping this could be a replacement for Revlon Peach Petal, which seems to be a similar (gorgeous) shade, but which has a streaky, thin mess of a formula. But then I read your review! I don't think I'm willing to put up with another yucky formula, even if I do love the shade. Oh well, I can keep hoping that someday some nail polish brand will make a nicely formulated version of this color. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many peaches have terrible formulas.

      Delete
  4. Love the polish, but UBER love the eye makeup!!! I've always been skeptical about Sinful Colors and their low price point meaning low quality polish, but maybe I will reevaluate and give them a try...
    -Gillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love purple eyeshadow.

      Maybe you meant to comment on the post above this one, re: Sinful Colors? But I don't think you should be skeptical of the brand at all, at least in terms of whether or not their formulas will be good. I think it's a great brand, despite the low price point.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!