Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Essie Pink Parka

According to my calendar it is spring.  According to my weather app, today it is 30 degrees.  This does not please me.  To combat this perpetual winter, I chose one of the brightest polishes I own (and kind of an old polish too), Essie Pink Parka.  I ran across it a couple weeks ago when I was going through my Essie drawer and I set it aside for a day like today, when I really need it to feel like springtime.


looks like I used flash, doesn't it?  nope!  the polish is just that bright




Pink Parka, which is from the Fall 2009 collection, is a true neon pink.  These photos make it look way more violet-toned than it is in reality.  The formula was streaky, and after three coats it still had bald spots--but this polish is so glowy and bright that you can't tell in photographs, which is convenient for all of us, isn't it?  I really liked this polish while I was wearing it, but sadly this happened after less than a day of wear:

see all those chips on my nail tips?  ack.

Unfortunately for those of you who love this color, it's now discontinued.  Fortunately for those of you who love this color, true neon pinks like this are not hard to find these days.  As it is, I wouldn't recommend this one because of the formula troubles (although neons are notoriously difficult anyway) and the staggeringly awful wear time I had with it, even after using SV.  But still.  Looks fab, doesn't it?

Sorry for my absence lately!  Remember last week how I was saying that I had a cold?  Well, I still have it.  As of Sunday evening I did feel much better, but for the seven days prior to that I felt like I was a dying snot bomb (and I'm sure Ben felt like that too, because my sneezes were diabolical).  I still have a cough and a lot of lingering congestion, but I don't have that weird fuzzy-headed-where-even-am-I sick feeling anymore.  

My other news is that I got a job!  Yes, after nearly six months of looking and being not-so-funemployed--and wondering whether or not I had totally messed up my life by choosing this path instead of a different one--I got a job at a museum in Cleveland.  Yes, you read that right:  I have a job related to my liberal arts field.  And it's kind of a fun job.  And this has been a happy, happy time despite how sick I've been.  I'm getting on a normal-person schedule (sort of--I work through weekends now) and I'm starting to feel, well, normal.  Life exists beyond grad school for this art historian, everyone!  

Let's all celebrate with neon pink!

26 comments:

  1. The polish is so bright and springy! This "Spring" weather in the Midwest is terrible! We had small flurries of snow this morning in Michigan, it's horrible. But congrats on your new job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been having snow the past few days as well. It's very depressing.

      Delete
  2. Awww yay!!!!

    Winter can just go die at this point. There was a dusting of snow on the ground. I'm letting myself hope *just* a little bit that it's the last snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that yesterday was supposed to be our "last really cold day." I'll believe it when I see it.

      Delete
  3. Love the bright pink, but more importantly CONGRATS on the job!!!! Always good to find something that is such a good fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! What is the job! Do you get to work with the objects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the education department at a museum :)

      Delete
  5. I adore this polish. Too bad I hate it on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! I'm sure it would look super striking on you!

      Delete
  6. I've already congratulated you in more ways than one (that sounds so much dirtier than it should… my apologies) but once again: CONGRATS STEPHANIE!!!! Seriously it gives me so much hope for post-graduate school… which is still over a year away for me but I'm already freaking out because that's what I do best haha. It's also still freezing here in Boston; heck we're even getting a snow storm tonight. Hoorah. I've got some flaming glittery nails on right now (O.P.I. "The Thrill of Brazil" + Zoya "Chloe" [yup, the one you sent me!]) to combat the weather as well so you're definitely not alone there. The only good thing about it is that it means I get to keep comfortably cuddling with Galileo… during the summer it's nearly unbearable to have 13 lbs of fluff on me but on days when it barely hits 30? Niiiiiiiice. I'm sure you understand with Remy :)

    WOW WHAT A NOVEL, I'll end it here. Much love!

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie! Yes, I often think of my uncertain future coupled with my sort of useless degree(s), but I guess things work out! And you will be fine because you are brilliant and lovely. The Thrill of Brazil is such a classic red. I can't wait to see it with Chloe! Galileo only weighs 13 pounds?! I guess his fluff makes him look bigger! I keep wondering when Remy will stop growing (and I think the answer is: not for a long time).

      Delete
  7. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY for the job! Congrats! I loooooooooooooove all the Essie Neons from 2008/2009. Too bad I have none of them anymore lol. Ahhh, the joys of purging, and then regretting. Meh, like you said, neons are a dime a dozen nowadays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl.

      I think this is the only 2009 Essie neon I have, otherwise I'd send a few your way!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the job! That's great! And I took off my socks long enough over the weekend to put OPI It's Toe-tally Summer on my toes. It's like it's summer inside my winter boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I love bright toes in the wintertime (or...I guess springtime)!

      Delete
  9. I, too, painted my nails pink because it's cold today. Bright colors make me happy.

    I've noticed Essie polishes chip more quickly than others, and that sort of turns me off from it but I keep coming back.

    Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I never notice Essie polishes chipping quickly, but I do notice neons chipping quickly.

      Delete
  10. I love this color! It's so pretty. Even though it chipped easily on you I still want it. *ashamed* I'm kind of an Essie junkie, what can I say?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Essie is a delightful brand. I don't think Essie itself is prone to chipping, but neons seem to not want to stay on me ever.

      Delete
  11. Love this polish. It was my first Essie and I'm actually wearing it in my Blogger profile picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Yes, it's a lovely one. It just didn't like me back, haha.

      Delete
  12. Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Online Jobs of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plans, Investment Plans, Genuine earnings from home.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. World Latest vehicles, Super Cars, Super Latest Speed Cars, Expensive Cars, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!