Monday, March 10, 2014

OPI I Sao Paolo Over There

The OPI Brazil collection is full of really bright, crisp cremes, but there are a few neutrals thrown in for contrast.  As is my nature, I was immediately drawn to all of them, but I initially passed all of them up.  Happily, though, I was sent I Sao Paolo Over There by Beyond Polish, so I have it to show you today.






I Sao Paolo Over There, aside from having a fantastically punny name, is a really lovely, very cool toned, taupe.  I can definitely see the purple in it all the time, whether it's in low light or sunlight, but there is also a lot of gray in it.  I think it's ALMOST an exact dupe for China Glaze Below Deck from the Anchors Away collection of 2011, but it's really lovely nonetheless.  The formula of I Sao Paolo is absolutely perfect, completely opaque in two coats.  There are three neutrals in the Brazil collection, and this one is the darkest of all of them.  I don't necessarily think "spring" when I see a dark taupe like this, but I really like the color (and it reminds me of Swiss Miss), so I'm on board.  

This past weekend was really nice.  On Friday it was a glorious ALMOST FIFTY DEGREES.


We let Remy wander around on our back deck for a little while, and he seemed to really enjoy himself. He's always interested in going outside, but we never let him go by himself because he's a wimp, he gets cold and shivers in like two seconds, and you're really not supposed to let Ragdoll cats outside for the aforementioned two reasons, and also because they don't fear predators.  Because they're weird.  But I did let him watch the birdies.  


And then later that night we hit up a martini bar near us, Billy's, and I kind of fell in love with it.  I told Ben we have to make it our spot.  The munchies are tasty, the martinis are extra boozy, and it's close to home.  We had a lot of fun (almost too much), and then went to Ben's cousin's birthday party.  

Banana martini, you guys.  Yes.

Saturday we went out to dinner with friends, hit up the martini bar again, and then on Sunday we sprang forward which is SO EXCITING BECAUSE SUNLIGHT.  

Anyway, that's all for today.  Only ten more days until it's officially spring!  I think this is the first post I've done about OPI Brazil--aside from complaining that the corals are dupe-y in another post--so how do you guys feel about I Sao Paolo Over there?  Are you down with colors like this for spring?

[This polish sent for review by Beyond Polish.  The opinions expressed are my own.]

10 comments:

  1. This color is SO up my alley… I swear I have at least 6 polishes that all look identical to this one and I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them because they're lovely and ALL DIFFERENT. I don't care how many people tell me they're the same, they're totally not. Anyways, this shade looks suuuuuuper lovely against your skin! Swiss Miss? Yuss. Remy is so adorable I'm glad he enjoyed a little outdoor adventure :) And banana martini wuuuuuuut???? I just got done eating some yogurt with banana sliced in it so it's safe to say I'd love that martini. YUM. Too bad I have to go to class… and even though it's art school I'm sure they'd notice if I were a little sloppy haha.

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely has dupes. It reminds me of a few different polishes (I wanted to see how similar it is to OPI Over the Taupe but I was too lazy to dig it out of my stash--yikes). BANANA MARTINI ALL DAY ERRY DAY GIRL (and by that I mean once a week, probably on a Friday night).

      Delete
  2. I saw the collection this past weekend at Ulta and was not drawn to it. But I do like the color on your nails. I will definitely buy this in spite of the punny name.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those colors that looks really unassuming in the bottle but then can wow you once it's on.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Huh, I just saw this on the Daily Varnish and there it totally pulls brown. I much prefer the way it pulls purple on you. It's absolutely lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I just looked at it on TDV. It does look brown on her. Maybe it's the cool undertones in my skin?

      Delete
  4. I love love love neutrals on you. Now I need this color. I think I might wear it on spring break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I do think this one suits me, and I'm sure it'll look great on you, too!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Someone else who values that extra hour of glorious light in the afternoon/evening.

    I like this one. I might have to go actually check them out. Normally, spring collections are not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sleep schedule doesn't like spring ahead, but my morale does ;)

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!