Tuesday, March 18, 2014

OPI Live.Love.Carnaval

First thing's first:  I take back everything I said about the corals in this collection being unworthy of picking up because they're dupe-y.  Truth be told, they probably do have dupes, maybe even from OPI itself.  But damn if they aren't beautiful.  Case in point?  Live.Love.Carnaval.







In these photos it pulls way more pink than it is in real life.  I'd describe the color as a true, but very-bright-almost-to-the-point-of-being-neon, coral.  It is summer in a bottle.  This color screams LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL to me, and it makes me happy to wear it.  The formula was great.  The first coat was a little streaky, but the second coat evened things out and I was happy with how it looked.  I think Live.Love.Carnaval would be a great color to wear on your toes for the [hopefully] upcoming warmer weather.  It is delightful.

This past Saturday I woke up with a cold.  An actual cold, not the I-think-I-might-be-getting-sick feeling that I've had almost all winter without actually developing a cold.  I had a busy weekend ahead of me, so I just took some Dayquil and powered through it, and yesterday and today I get to relax (and yes mom, drink plenty of water) and sleep this cold away.  I almost made it all winter without actually getting sick!  If I could have just made it a few more days I would have been home free.  Oh well.  

Here is Remy doing his own relaxing next to me in his favorite box.  What a life.

At least with this downtime I've gotten to read Divergent.  I have to say, I was skeptical of the book because sometimes dystopian future young adult stuff just isn't my jam, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I really enjoyed reading it.  I actually went out and bought the second book yesterday (along with a bowl of chicken noodle soup to go from Panera), so I'm fully prepared to see the movie when it comes out this weekend (actually we will probably go at the beginning of next week so we can take advantage of $5 movie night(s) as per usual).  Last week Ben took me to see Mr. Peabody & Sherman, and I was SO DELIGHTED BY IT.  Seriously, I laughed like a crazy person through the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it.  So if you're on the fence about seeing that one, I really highly recommend it.

Alright, that's all for me today.  What do you think of OPI Live.Love.Carnaval?  Worth picking up?  What's your perfect warm weather polish color?  Because honestly, I think something like this hot coral is mine.

[This product sent for review consideration by Beyond Polish.  The opinions expressed are my own.]

14 comments:

  1. When I want to pick up L.L.C. it was way more melon-y than it looks in any pictures. I bought it anyway but I don't think I've ever had such a disconnect between photos & real life for a polish. I can't think of just one hot weather color so how about four?
    1. OPI Guy Meets Galveston
    2. OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where?
    3. China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
    4. A white cream (several brands do one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I couldn't get the orange tones to show up in photos at all! I totally agree that there is a disconnect between how it looks in photos and how it looks in real life.

      Delete
  2. I liked this one, although it was a little bright for a mani for me. I too think its the perfect warm weather pedi color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's a great pedicure color!

      Delete
  3. This looks like ALL sorts of gorgeous… definitely a tropical vacation in a bottle. Sorry to hear you've had a crap weekend Stephanie!! Sounds awful but at least you've got an adorable cat in a box to cheer you up. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better by now?

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adorable cats are the best pick-me-up. And now, a week later, I do feel better. Thanks Cassie!

      Delete
  4. I love that color! It is a beautiful one

    ♡Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a coral fiend who got several colors the past year that are probably almost identical, and I think being overwhelmed by the high number of corals in this collection ("high" = 2 corals plus one orange? idk) is the only thing keeping me from grabbing them. If this collection came out a year ago, I don't think I'd have been able to resist.

    Have you read the Hunger Games? After reading Divergent, I felt like thematically it was a combo of the obvious Hunger Games (dystopia, kids killing kids) and weirdly enough Twilight (wholesome romance, characterization, overlying Christian element).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at first I didn't want any of the corals in this collection, but then I got this one and the orange (haven't worn that one yet!).

      I read the first two Hunger Games books, but I've never read Twilight. I just can't bring myself to. I did read that Divergent eventually becomes a Christian allegory, which I didn't really immediately pick up on when reading the first one. But I did like it.

      Delete
  6. Remy is adorable.

    Carnaval is a lovely color. I am all about the corals this season! I'm just getting into them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy thanks you!

      Corals. Are. The. Best.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm sure he would love you, too!

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!