Thursday, March 06, 2014

Sinful Colors Baby Blues

When Rach told me that the spring Sinfuls were some interesting pastels, I was all, yawn!  Great, pastels UH-GAIN.  But then I ran across them at Rite-Aid and did some re-evaluating.  And, let's be real here guys, it's so hard to resist Sinful Colors because they're so damn cheap.  I took two home from the Mod In Bloom collection, and here's the first one, Baby Blues.  By the way, there is a Remy-fur stuck to my pinky in all of these pictures.  I'm sorry.  But it's like he's with us.  Isn't that nice?






the only shade photo I snapped, and this is probably the most color accurate






and then there are those days when I JUST CAN'T with my contacts.

Baby Blues is quite the misnomer, because while this polish is certainly blue-leaning, it's definitely a lavender color.  It's great, though.  I  mean, if you can't tell from the amount of pictures that I decided to post, I'm really into this polish.  It does have some barely-there shimmer that you can kind of see if you squint at it in direct sunlight, but most of the time the finish looks pretty creamy.  The formula was thick, but lo and behold, it self-leveled without the help of any topcoat.  I would do a coat and freak out about how streaky it was looking, and then by the time I got to the second coat everything had evened itself out.  I used three coats because after two it looked a little sheer.  Oh, also, it looks totally awesome in black light.  The cardio theatre at my gym is all black lights, and while I was working out yesterday I couldn't stop looking at my nails because they were glowing in the coolest way.

That's all for today.  I have no fun life updates for you, but I do have a feeling that March is going to be a good month.  Spring is coming!  

8 comments:

  1. your nails look so pretty :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, at first I was thinking another lavender? But man, this is pretty. I think I need it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE nail polish colors like this… I own at least three (four?) that are extremely similar so thankfully I can pass this one up haha. This shade looks lovely on you (and the Remy hair gives your manicure SO much character); I wish I could have seen it in the dark light! Sounds exciting :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I don't think I own...any? that are similar? Maybe I should dig around and see!

      Delete
  4. ... I have enough lavenders as it is, but I'm seriously being tempted. I'm trying to dupe Essie Lilacism, and it's probably not nearly light enough, but still...

    It really pops next to Remy's ~fur-tone~. Maybe he needs an on-trend "radiant orchid" collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, this is way too dark to dupe Lilacism. If you can find China Glaze Light As Air, I think that's seriously close. You could also try Revlon Provence, which is definitely a bit more gray and muted than Lilacism, but I think the formula and staying power will probably be better. Illamasqua Wink also comes to mind, but I definitely don't think that's a budget friendly option.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!