Monday, April 07, 2014

H&M Car Paint Purple

H&M is really stepping up their nail polish game lately; has anyone else noticed that?  The last time I popped in there they had a ton of colors to choose from, and one of them caught my eye because in the lighting of the store I couldn't tell if it was navy blue or dark purple, which was intriguing.  Sadly when I actually wore it and tried to take pictures of it, it would only appear blue.  I think if it had been sunny it would have been a different story, but c'est la vie.

oh yeah, and I didn't have the bottle with me when I actually took the photos, so that is my gym lock I'm holding



also some reddish lips, blue eyeliner, and a navy and white shirt for opening day...
IT'S BASEBALL SEASON AGAIN, HURRAH INDIANS!!!

Car Paint Purple is an indigo creme.  I think.  At least that's how it looks in the bottle.  Here it pretty much just looks dark blue.  I tried to coax out the purple tones by holding my purple padlock, but it didn't really work.  The formula was nice and easy to work with, and I only needed two coats.  The brush was different than I remember H&M polishes being; it was a bit wider and flatter, but easy to control nonetheless.  Unfortunately this color didn't last long on me at all.  It may have been because I have been washing my hands really often, but I'm not sure.  I basically have had to accept that polishes just do not last on me no matter what base/topcoat I decide to use.  You know which polishes really agreed with my body chemistry?  $OPI.  THANKS FOR NOT EXISTING ANYMORE, $OPI.  Sigh.  

Okay, that's all for me today.  There will definitely be two other posts this week; I'm sorry things have been so sparse lately!  I've been trying to balance my personal life/work/gym schedules and I haven't quite found a good equilibrium.  But soon I will and all will be well.  Also, today would have been my grandmother's 91st birthday.  I can't believe a year has passed so quickly since I last wrote about her last birthday party.  I still miss her every single day.  If you want to read about her, for a while I did a series called The Tess Collection because I have all of her old nail polish.  The series became difficult for me to maintain after I moved for a variety of reasons, but people seemed to like those posts.  And I certainly enjoyed sharing them.  Anyway, I'll be thinking about my grandma all day today.  Because she was such a special lady.


Happy Monday and happy April 7th.

2 comments:

  1. Have you had any luck with NOPI? I ask because right now I'm wearing a NOPI red (I think it was a Target exclusive a couple of years ago) that I've had on for the better part of two days with only one tiny chip. That's almost unheard of for me, especially since I washed my hair, which usually destroys my polish. My nails are pretty much the consistency of paper and chip if I breathe on them funny, even though they're short. All this is to say, maybe NOPI and $OPI have similar formulas?

    And big congratulations on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can earn cash by locking premium areas of your blog or website?
    All you need to do is to open an account with AdWorkMedia and use their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!