Tuesday, April 01, 2014

...Out Like a Lamb

I had the best intentions for this post.  As in, I meant for it to go up yesterday.  But life happened and I didn't really have time, so here it is, a day late and already a day into April (rabbit rabbit!).  When I was a kid one of the things I most vividly remember learning about was the saying about March "in like a lion, out like a lamb."  I think I remember because my mom always said it, and because one time we colored pictures of lions and lambs for school.  Anyway, this:







I'm pretty terrible at nail art, but I got the idea to do a lamb at the end of February for a post in March and knew I had to try.  Then when I searched around for "lamb nail art," I ran across this tutorial on Chalkboard Nails.  Yay!  I just did my best to copy it.  My sheep definitely has unnaturally long legs, but WHATEVER.  He looks okay to me.  The base color of this is Essie's Pretty Edgy, which I hadn't pulled out in a hot minute--by "hot minute" I mean since 2010, so it really has been a while.  In real life it's a tad more blue-based than it looks here.  But it's a green jelly-creme hybrid, and you can see in the last photo of my nails that there's still some VNL on my pinky; I only used two coats on most nails.  The body of the sheep is OPI Alpine Snow, his legs are Wet n Wild Black Creme, his ears are OPI I Sao Paolo Over There, and his little nose is Wet n Wild Tahiti.  I gave it my best effort, guys!  Lamb ahoy.  

Yesterday, the last day of March, was blustery but not horribly cold as it has been lately, so I was happy to sport this little lamb.  April is a month I generally really enjoy because I love spring, so I'm glad it's here.  I can't wait for the flowers to start popping up and for warmer days and cute umbrellas.  How about you guys? What do you most look forward to about spring?   

Alright, lamb out!  Hopefully I talk to you again before next week!

10 comments:

  1. That is super adorable! I think you're really good at nail art. I just discovered your blog yesterday and spent all day at work in between phone calls reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That's so nice of you. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. Your little lamb is so adorable! I love him!

    I'm not a big fan of spring (the allergies are not worth it), but I am looking forward to more trips to the drive-in, walks outside, and wearing skirts without tights again. And oh man, I remember reading your blog when you first posted Pretty Edgy. That was forever ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. My swatches from that Essie collection are all over Pinterest for some reason.

      Delete
  3. Hi Steph, Happy April (and what a cute little lamb)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of that saying before so I was very confused at first… thanks for clearing things up though haha! The lamb is adorable and fits very well with the 'theme'. I mean, even if it still doesn't feel quite like spring outside, how can you not feel really freaking happy with a lamb on your nail???

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you had never heard that saying because we're both Midwesterners! Maybe Ohio has a weird school curriculum and teaches odd things.

      Delete
  5. I was trying to figure out why I had never heard of this saying and actually googled it to be hit with hundreds of images of lions and lambs with all manner of activities and drawings for schoolchildren and then lightbulb - I grew up in the southern hemisphere - March isn't a lion or a lamb there it's actually a pretty hot month.

    I'd also never heard of rabbit, rabbit, rabbit so google again - thanks Steph for increasing my general knowledge!

    Now back on topic your nails look adorable and that is the cutest lamb evah. Love the green too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yes! Living in the southern hemisphere would definitely mean that March isn't a beast like it is here. I love rabbit, rabbit! I'm so glad that I could teach you some animal month folklore-ery!

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!