Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Revlon 1000 Volts

Although I'm not the biggest Spider-Man fan (and more specifically, I'm not super into Andrew Garfield in the role), I couldn't help but pick up a few of the polishes from the Revlon collaboration.  









loving the caps on these


1000 Volts is definitely a duochrome, but I would say that its shift is pretty subtle.  It goes from a warm gold to a copper, and then sometimes it reads a little green, but I couldn't capture that.  This is a really, really pretty polish.  It's a tad warm for my pale, cool skin, but I still like how it looks.  Sometimes golds like this can read as holiday-esque, but I think the copper shift in 1000 Volts saves it from that.  I used three coats here.

I've seen this collection at one Walgreens and also Ulta (I think things were a little more expensive at Walgreens, actually).  I'm still waffling on whether or not I want to get that blue lipgloss because it just looks so cool, but I haven't seen any on-lip swatches yet so I can't decide.  Oddly the collection at my Walgreens is completely untouched (aside from the couple polishes I got).  I thought more people would be looking for these.  BUT I guess that gives me extra time to decide what I need, right?

Did anyone else find or pick up anything from this collection?  I know Rach said she got all the polishes, so I'm excited to see them on her.  Speaking of Rach, don't forget to stop back on Friday to see our monthly Shopping My Stash posts!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh… OH MY GOSH. I honestly wasn't attracted to any of these polishes when I saw them in the bottles (not to mention I'm with you on just not being a big spiderman fan or anything) but hrnnnng on your nails it looks all sorts of spectacular!! Guess I'll be heading to Walgreens later today…

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of duochromes. At all. But for whatever reason, I'm feeling this one! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hoard blue lip products so I have the blue lipgloss plus a backup and I'm probably gonna get more backups

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!