Thursday, April 17, 2014

Revlon ColorStay Rich Raspberry

I have been hearing about how the Revlon ColorStay polishes combined with the Revlon ColorStay topcoat are a one-two punch of long-lasting polish goodness, but until recently I didn't have any to try.  Then my friend Cassie and I did a little swap, and one of the [many] delightful extras she sent along was Rich Raspberry.  Cassie runs a blog and YouTube channel, both called Thrift Thick, and I encourage you to check them out because she is utterly delightful.  She makes me laugh all the time, I totally trust her opinion on cosmetics, and she has an adorable fluffy cat named Galileo.  It was so thoughtful of her to send some extra goodies, so thanks again, Cassie!  You're wonderful!








Rich Raspberry is an absolutely lovely color.  It's a pinky purple creme, and I think it looks really nice on my skin tone.  Like I mentioned above, this is my very first Revlon ColorStay polish.  I was pretty impressed with the quality of the formula, but I did need three coats to even things out.  The brush was one of those wider ones meant to really fill of the nail beds, and it did...but the brush was also surprisingly stiff.  I wasn't expecting that, so I had to get used to it.  

As for whether or not this wears amazingly if paired with the topcoat (and I did wear the ColorStay topcoat with it), in my experience that answer is no.  But take that with a grain of salt, because almost no polishes agree with my body chemistry enough to last longer than three days, no matter the base/topcoat combination.  It's worth noting that the Revlon topcoat isn't quick dry; I actually had to look it up on MUA to find out because I had no idea.  I don't like using topcoats that aren't quick dry, because I figure that IT'S THE FUTURE and I want to afford my beauty routine EVERY ADVANTAGE (read:  I'm lazy).  But I used it anyway.  This wore two days on me and then I had a huge chip on a finger on my right hand.  Other chips followed.  Again, though, this is just me.  I've heard a ton of people sing the praises of these ColorStay polishes, so they definitely work for some.  Having said all of that, the color is divine and I'm really glad to have it.  It'll look nice on my toes for the summertime that may never come.

In other news, I learned a couple of embroidery stitches the other day at work (for reasons), and after I completed a little project I decided to take a needle and some floss home to practice.  After a little bit I felt comfortable doing a simple pattern, so I bought some floss and wound up making this little guy:


He's cute, right?  Even this simple little thing took me a long time, but I'm glad I made it.  I have no idea what I'll do with this, but who doesn't want a happy mocha, amirite?  Plus it snowed the other day (and it was 75 degrees on Sunday, so I don't even know what's happening right now) and Ben is out of town, so it was nice to come home from work, snuggle up, and concentrate on a little project.

Alright, that's all for me today.  Anyone have a favorite Revlon ColorStay polish that I should look into?  And make sure you top by Cassie's channel and blog and give her some love!  

7 comments:

  1. Perfect nails and super cute stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color on you! Two of my favorites from this line are Marmalade and French Roast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shade! I need to get it ASAP. Revlon ColorStay polishes are amazing. Buttercup is such a pretty pastel yellow color - you have to check it out. My absolute favorite CS polish though is Rain Forest. Check out scrangie's swatch of it: http://www.scrangie.com/2012/10/depression-awareness-2012.html

    SO. FREAKIN'. PRETTY.

    It's one of my favorite greens of all time!!

    Also, I adore Cassie! She's actually how I found your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this color compare to OPI ate berries in the canaries? can you compare the two?
    the coffee stitch is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try the base coat. I think the base coat is the key to longevity, not the top coat. My nails chip within a day with most polishes/base coats/top coats, but the color stay gel base coat extends wear for me to several days, which is a HUGE improvement over a day at best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
    HotCurrentAffairs

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!