Friday, April 11, 2014

Shopping My Stash: April Showers

This month for Shopping My Stash I chose the theme, and there's almost nothing that I love more than a silly cliche (except a silly pun) so I chose April Showers.  I scoured my Helmer drawers for a while (much to Remy's delight; he was literally rolling around in nail polish bottles), and I came up with a couple options...but I settled on OPI MonSooner or Later.  I've had this polish for SO LONG, and I can't believe it took me until now to use it.






Isn't this color delicious?  I think it's too orange to be called a tomato red, but it's somewhere in that ballpark.  I think it looks a lot like the Crayola color Red Orange, actually.  It's a simple color, but it's really beautiful.  I used three coats here.  With a lot of OPI's older reds (hello Vodka and Caviar), even though they're really pigmented when they go on, they leave a lot of VNL with two coats.  This one was no different.  Also, I love how orange-reds like this one look with olive green (I'm wearing my new Lindsay Weir-esque spring jacket in the above photo, and I just think the colors play so nicely together--on a related note, this now makes Halloween REALLY EASY for me this year and I'm pretty excited about it).

MonSooner or Later is from the 2008 India collection, which was kind of amazing.  I actually have a couple others from that collection that I don't think I've touched either, so that should probably be rectified.  I'm glad that we decided to go with April Showers for this month for a couple reasons.  First, I got to wear this awesome polish.  Second, it seems incredibly appropriate because this past week in Cleveland has been super rainy.  And lastly, because I've had that Bambi song stuck in my head for the past week and I'm not at all upset about it.

drip drip drop little April shower, la la la la la, etc.
Bambi is not my favorite Disney movie by a long shot and I remember almost nothing about it except this song (my favorite is The Little Mermaid, in case you were aching to know)

Alright, this has to be a short one for me because I'm low on time this week, but make sure you stop on by stuff i (s)watched to see what Rach is wearing this month.  Thanks for reading, and I'll talk to you next week!

4 comments:

  1. nice shade :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a thing for the older O.P.I. reds; this one might have to join my collection! I'm loving how it pops against your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, could I love you any more for throwing a Freaks and Geeks reference in there???

    The nail polish color is gorgeous, I need to start pulling out the springtime colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO gorgeous on you Stephanie!! And I agree that it's all sorts of spectacular with olive green. Shame on you for not having worn it sooner but a round of applause for finally giving it a proper chance to shine in the spring sun :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!