Monday, June 23, 2014

L'Oreal Skinny Jeans

I still love me a texture.  And my favorite textures are the ones that are matte and remind me of a popcorn ceiling.  I don't know why this finish entices me so much; ever since I tried Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in Sour Apple I was smitten.  When I ran into the summer L'Oreal textures at Bed, Bath & Beyond one day I knew I had to leave with a couple even though my passion for polish seems to have fizzled out a bit.  Regardless, here's Skinny Jeans:





This color is just to die for.  It's so pretty.  The photos aren't super color accurate in that Skinny Jeans is a softer, more periwinkle type of color rather than the bright blue you see particularly in the first picture.  The texture is also a bit different than Sour Apple, which has become my benchmark for popcorn-ceiling-textures.  The bumps it dries with are finer and more delicate.  It doesn't feel rough, like it's going to catch on sheets or knits.  It just feels interesting.  The formula was really nice and very easily controlled, and I did two coats here (no topcoat, obviously).  

One reason I chose to wear this color was because I wore this Plenty by Tracy Reese dress to The Cleveland Museum of Art Summer Solstice party on Saturday, and I felt like even though this polish was a little matchy-matchy with it, it still looked nice with the dress.  I also like textures like this because I feel like they dry pretty quickly, so a manicure really requires minimum effort.  I'm still wearing Skinny Jeans as I write this, and I'll probably keep it on until it chips.  It really is a nice polish, and I recommend picking it up if you can (although I think I got this like a month ago, so I have no idea if it's still around).  

I actually ran across the display when I was on my way back from bridal shoe shopping.  I decided to go the extra classy route, and I'm going to wear clear jelly shoes.  Not kidding.  I found these by Steve Madden, and when they're actually on they look totally invisible.  I tried them on with my dress at my fitting last week and I was pretty delighted by them.  Plus, I know brides nowadays (NOWADAYS because I'm an old lady) like to wear like, bedazzled four-inch heels, but I am so not doing that.  Flats please.  The shoes have been the hardest part of the wedding ensemble to plan BY FAR.  

ANYWAY.  Shoe tangent.  

I hope that all of you guys are doing well and that you're enjoying the first few days of summer.  It has been oddly cool here for the middle of June.  We had a couple of scorching days last week, but for the most part it has been temperate.  I'm really looking forward to truly hot weather.  I still don't feel like I've recovered from the ridiculous winter that we had here in Cleveland.  Anyway, back to polish...is anyone else still into the texture trend like I am, or are you over it?  Even if you are over it, you can't deny that Skinny Jeans is one gorgeous blue.

Oh, and one more thing:  happy birthday to my mom!  TREAT YOSELF today!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous mani

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over texture, but as Ross from Friends would ask, when was I ever under it?

    I totally thought I'd be into the matte popcorn ceiling type textures, so I tried Milani's version. Let's just say it was a short lived experiment. They look so nice in swatches though!

    I'm loving this shade of blue on you. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wear textures until the day I die. Although my favorites are the metallic, glittery types, Skinny Jeans is just gorgeous. It's like grown-up texture, if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know you are missed, but I sincerely hope you are enjoying your time away. Am enjoying reading these stealth entries.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!