Friday, June 13, 2014

Shopping My Stash: SUMMAHTIME

Hey guys!  I went a full month without blogging, which is kind of crazy.  I haven't done that in half a decade.  I'm back today to do a SMS post with Rach.  It doesn't even seem possible that somehow we're in the summertime months, but here we are.  SOMEHOW WE ARE HALFWAY through June. Which is scary!  Summer is such an ephemeral time where I live, but I wish it could last...for longer than it does.  ANYWAY, we chose a generic summertime theme for June.  In 2010 Wet n Wild released a collection of summery polishes all named after tropical or vacation-y destinations.  I had tried out all but two (and they're for layering!), so I decided to give the last couple a whirl.  





you know it's summertime when:  my face freckles are like, HEY


This is two coats of Wet n Wild Tahiti (a warm pink creme) with a coat of Wet n Wild Bora Bora over it (a pink glass fleck-y shimmer).  I've never been a huge fan of pink nail polish, but I have to say that once I decided I was in love with OPI Elephantastic Pink, I began to be more accepting of other pinks.  The formula on the creme, Tahiti, was nice and easy to work with and I only needed two coats.  Bora Bora was also nice, and I felt like one coat added sufficient sparkle.  The one big gripe that I have with these polishes is that the bottles are TINY and so are the brushes.  It makes them really hard to work with.  I showed a picture of the tiny brush stems back in my original post about these, which you can see here (May 2010, holla!).  I in fact had so much trouble while I was polishing that at one point I dropped the brush and got pink nail polish everywhere; that's something that has never happened to me before.  I felt like a giant fumbling around with these stupid tiny bottles.  But anyway, it turned out nicely in the end.  As pink manicures go, this one was interesting and blingy enough for me to wear it for a few days.

May was such a busy month for me, and I'm not sure that June is going to slow down much, either.  At the end of May I took two trips:  first, to Colorado to see my cousin Katie graduate from high school, and the very next weekend I went to Massachusetts to visit Sam.  We spent our days together in Provincetown doing a bunch of Cape Cod-y things like going whale watching (I found out I get seasick and I threw up a lot, but it was worth it), eating lobster, and going to the beach.  It was a great time.  I'm working a lot this week, and then next week I'm taking a little mini-break with another friend.  I have my FIRST FITTING (that sounds so Say Yes to the Dress), so we're going to make a little trip of it and stay a couple days down in Columbus where I got my dress.  Should be fun.  

Anyway, I hope that you've all been doing well while I've been away!  I've been lurking around and reading blogs (without commenting because I suck at doing that on my phone) so don't think I've forgotten about any of you!  Make sure you stop on by to check out what Rach is wearing (I think it's an oldie...but of course a goodie).  Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. I somewhat feel the same as you about pink nail polish. There's one matte Zoya polish, Lolly, that I adore, but that's about it.

    Congrats on the wedding dress fitting! So fun :)

    Glad to have you back, but a blogging break is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome back! I feel you about the pinks....most are way too barbie, others look like grandma, then some others are friends with Frosty The Snowman and the really loud ones can become tacky in a heartbeat....>ieks<
    How exciting "the first fitting"...I am very curious what kind of dress you choose! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I found your bold during your hiatus and have been enjoying the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!