Tuesday, July 22, 2014

80s Creamsicle Nails!

Hey everyone!  I actually got okay pictures of my nails yesterday, so that's new.  The title of this post refers to what Ben said when I sent him a photo of this manicure.  The colors remind me a little more of the 90s than the 80s, but Ben will always go to the 80s with a reference if he can.  Anyway, this:




please note kitty paws riiiiight here ^^


On Saturday night I was texting with Sam and I sent her a picture of OPI Sorry I'm Fizzy Today and NYC Sweet Melon (which is part of the new City Samba summer collection) and I asked her which I should use.  She said both, so I did this.  The base color (the one closest to my cuticles) is Sorry I'm Fizzy Today, which I had wanted since I saw it on Sam's toes at the end of May.  It's a veeeeeeeeery pink leaning coral and the color is absolutely stunning.  I was fully expecting it to be opaque in two coats, but after the second one it was pretty seriously streaky.  A third coat evened things out, for the most part.  I let that dry, and then I went in with Sweet Melon and did a few gradated brushstrokes on each nail.  Sweet Melon is a really pretty, happy color.  I can't think of a better way to describe the color than "melon"--just like the inside of a cantaloupe.  There's also some hidden pearly shimmer in there that gives the polish just a little extra punch.  Also the pigmentation was really good on Sweet Melon.  I wasn't sure how it would do over Sorry I'm Fizzy Today, but I only needed one swipe for full, opaque color.  Yay!  This looks so happy and summery to me.

Has anyone picked up any of the NYC City Samba collection?  When I found the display at Rite-Aid last weekend I went kind of nuts with it and got five of the polishes...but I kind of want all of them.  At $1.99 apiece they're relatively guilt-free...AND there's a dollar off coupon on the display, too!  Which is why last time I popped into Rite-Aid I also got a bronzer (Coral Samba).  Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer...I've been trying to be outside as much as possible lately, which I hope helps my mood.  Because I'm a little stressed.  But anyway, talk to you all soon!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, kitty wanted a picture of her nails too. So sweet! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of the colors!

    Xoxo***

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!