Tuesday, July 01, 2014

OPI Green On the Runway

As soon as I walked into Ulta and spotted the OPI Cokes my interest was piqued.  A lot.  I picked up the Sprite one and one of the Vanilla Coke ones, and I was a happy little camper.  I immediately knew that the polish inspired by Sprite, Green On the Runway, was special.  And it is super, super special.








Pictures really don't do this one justice, but I did my best.  Green On the Runway is a green/copper duochrome.  Most of the time it looks green, but sometimes it has an olive cast, and at the right angle the copper jumps out.  It has the same sort of feel as Nubar Wildlife, but the colors are radically different even though Wildlife is also a green/copper duochrome.  Truthfully I much prefer the OPI because the green is more of a rich jewel tone.  Beeeeaaaauutiful.  

The formula was great and I used two coats here.  Notably, I also used the butter London P.D. Quick Dry--"pretty darn quick"--topcoat because I've heard it works miracles.  Verdict:  nuh uh.  I got the same wear out of this polish as I would almost any other (a couple days) before I got a very noticeable chip.  NYC Grand Central Station works just as well for me and the bL topcoat is literally nineteen times  more expensive.  Oh well.  I'll use up the bottle and then never buy it again.  

I'm going to try REALLY HARD to have one more post for you this week before I go off to my annual family reunion/party/funtime.  I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather!  It has actually been really hot here and I've reeeeaaaaally been enjoying it.  I've also been reading a lot, so if anyone has any book suggestions I'd be glad to hear them!

Until later!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, so pretty!!

    Let's see. If you're in the mood for a good ugly sob, Jojo Moyes' "Me Before You" is excellent. I'm in the middle of Matthew Quick's "The Good Luck of Right Now" and it's really good thus far. Have you read "The Goldfinch"? It's long but I liked it. "Where'd You Go Bernadette" and "Gone Girl" were both great reads as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!