Thursday, August 07, 2014

butter London Snog and Wedding Shower

A while ago when I bought butter London No More Waity Katie from Ulta, for some reason I also got a free mini bottle of Snog.  I decided, after much deliberation, to wear it to my wedding shower, which was last Saturday.





There isn't much that I can descriptively say about this one.  It's a fuchsia creme.  Pink isn't usually my color, but I decided to try it out.  The formula was really nice; I only had to use two coats, and even though the brush on the mini bottle was small I had no trouble with it.  I suppose I recommend this polish if you're really into pink and you collect them, but I'm fairly sure there are roughly a million dupes of this at waaaaaay cheaper price points than butter London.  I'm not even sure why I got this free.  I guess I spent a certain amount of money (I also bought the bL topcoat).  Anyway, verdict:  pretty, but dupable.  

So anyway, about my shower.  It was really, really nice.  We had it at a tea house called Clementine's that I used to go to with my grandmother aaaaaall the time.  I still go eat there when I'm in the area because it reminds me of being with her.  Anyway, my friend Aimee and my two aunts, Mary and Michele, threw me the party and it was delightful.  I was pretty worried about it for a lot of reasons--there were going to be people there I hadn't seen (or really wanted to see) in a long time and I was worried about how I looked.  I also hate being the center of attention, and when you're the one who's getting married it's kind of hard to escape the spotlight.  Even though I was apprehensive it still turned out to be a really nice day.  I got some things we really needed (cookware, because I have basically none), and some things I really wanted (KitchenAid Mixer, a fancy plate set).  Aimee got me personalized teabags--and everyone took one home--and Michele and her daughter Mattie handmade all these little LA Colors nail polishes with veils on them.  I forgot to take a picture, but trust me, they were cute.

Opening stuff.  I like this picture because it looks like I'm wearing a giant balloon hat.

I'M TALL, OKAY?  Michele is in the middle and Mary is on the end...and I'm really not THAT tall.
These ladies are just the best.


My cousin Katie also made me this.  It says, "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible," which Billy Crystal says to Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally... (which everyone knows is my all-time favorite movie).  If my eyes look glassy in that picture it's because Katie's little painting made me openly weep.  In front of everyone.  For a while.  First I cried because I thought the sentiment was so sweet.  Then I kept crying because she made this painting for me and that's really sweet.  Then I kept crying because of all the nice people who came to support me and give me all these things that they took the time to buy and wrap up and stuff.  I don't know, I just got super emotional.

So if anyone is reading this who planned the shower, drove to the shower, or flew to be able to come to the shower (SAMMY), thank you.  It meant a lot to me.  And I hope you're amused to know that I was wearing a polish called Snog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!