Thursday, September 04, 2014

OPI How Great Is Your Dane?

I couldn't resist picking up a couple of the polishes from the OPI Nordic Collection when I saw them in Ulta not too long ago.  By and large, I feel like this particular collection is pretty much utterly dupable, but I'm just a sucker for fall-time polishes, and so I did some major grabby-hands-ing.  

there is the babiest bit of polish on my middle cuticle--I'M SORRY.  I can't handle clean-up.



shade; this is how the polish looks most of the time/indoors



Yeah, that's right; I bought another taupe-y brown.  Wanna fight about it?  How Great Is Your Dane? is described by OPI as a "cinnamon coffee" shade.  I mean...I guess?  That's some mighty sludgy coffee you're drinking, Suzi.  It's definitely a brown.  Sunlight warms up the shade some and brings out its brown tones.  But it's also a very grayed out brown, which you can see when it's in the shade.  I think overall it leans to the cool side.  It reminds me of those smooth pebbles you'd see in a fast-moving river.  I used two coats here, and as you can probably see in those sunlight pictures, I had some bald patches near my cuticles.  Maybe it's difficult to tell in the pictures, and it was nearly impossible to tell IRL.  I still could have benefited from a third coat.  The formula was pretty impeccable.  Smooth sailin'.  Even though I probably have some polishes that look like this, I still think it's a nice option for fall and [shudder] winter.  I see myself using it a couple times and not relegating it to the back of my stash.

Bonus Remy-cat pic:


Look at this smug bastard.  This was the other night when Ben and I were watching Naked and Afraid (which is our new favorite show, and we are not ashamed to share that information with anyone) and Remy came up on the couch to snuggle with me.  First he sat on my tummy and did that kneading/making biscuits thing that cats do because they're weird.  Then he plopped down next to me, purring, so I assumed he wanted me to pet him.  But he kept kicking me!  If I tried to pet him he kicked me, and even when I stopped he would randomly extend his back claws and casually kick me in the ribs.  Like, "I don't really want you to touch me, but I really want you to know that I'm here."  Whaaaaaaat a jerk.  And that picture above was the face he was making at me.  But he's kind of the fuzziest, most cuddly jerk, so I have to excuse his rude behavior.

Okay, that's all for me.  I kind of foresee myself only posting one more time before my wedding--maybe twice, but that's probably pushing it.  To be honest, I've really been considering ending my blog.  I let its five year anniversary slip by unnoticed, and I haven't been as passionate about keeping it up lately.  We'll see how I do after I get back from Scotland.  I will definitely share pictures of the wedding and honeymoon with you guys if you are interested.  But I think that I will have to really assess how I feel about Short n Chic come October.

On that emo note, peace out cub scouts.

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovee this color. Makes me so ready for fall. (:

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing How Great is Your Dane? right now! This is the first dark polish I've worn since about March, so I'm obviously transitioning to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't typically like brown, but this looks nice on you. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, I hope you consider taking a hiatus, rather than ending it. But, I understand, life changes, and if you do decide to let it go, just want you to know you will be missed. Congratulations on you marriage, I hope your wedding day is beautiful and that you have a lovely honeymoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon! I'd love to see photos!
    I like your blog and polish choices, and I'd be sorry to see it go, but you should only keep it going as long as you're still enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great color. You can't have too many taupe or brown polishes. Love the cat pic. Yes let's see some wedding photos when you have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. noooooo!!!!!! you'
    re one of my favorites!!!! i totally fell off reading blogs but always sign in and check yours!!!!!!! i cant wait to see pictures of your wedding and honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Katherine said! I get your blog.emails and thoroughly enjoy them, but do what's best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't end your blog. Yours is my favorite nail blog. :\

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owwww, Remy looks so fuzzy and cute (even though being a jerk ;-) )! Have you decided yet on THE wedding polish??? I hope you have a lovely wedding day and a splendid and romantic honeymoon in Scotland (say hi to Nessy for me)!
    And I really, most definitely, very much, intensely would hate it if you would stop blogging: so please don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love naked and afraid. I don't know how they do it. those poor people don't even have shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a wonderful wedding day, and a lovely honeymoon! I've been following your blog for years, and always enjoy each and every post- while you've gotta do what feels right for you, we'll surely miss you. Take care, and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your wedding-- I hope you have a wonderful day and congratulations! I sincerely hope you continue to blog, do you gotta do what's right for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really feel like this entire collection is 100% dupable, but that didn't stop me from buying like four different polishes. Is there where I finally admit I have a problem? Ugh.

    I can't wait to see all of your wedding and Scotland pictures, so I really hope you'll get a chance to post them before you bid adieu to blogging forever. You'll definitely be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please don't stop blogging!!!!! Yours is the only blog I read! And I love seeing Remy and your wedding updates!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zoya has a polish named Remy! FYI

    ReplyDelete
  17. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. for best Online Jobs without any rejection, no time limit required, no investment requires, just spend few minutes and earn upto $35 daily
    www.adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!