Friday, October 31, 2014

China Glaze Don't Let the Dead Bite

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!  My very favorite day, yayayayay!  Today I get to find the remaining components of my costume for tonight (kind of derped on that one) and make sure I'm set for my other costume tomorrow night.  I'm also going to try to bake some sort of spooky treat for a party tonight.  But I wanted to show you what I've been wearing [and loving] on my nails first.







This is China Glaze Don't Let the Dead Bite, and as soon as I saw it at Sally's I was like YEEEEESSS.  It's a fleshy pink jelly base with different sizes of red glitter.   While a description of the polish wouldn't make you think oh that's clearly Halloween-themed, once you know that it's a zombie-themed collection it kind of becomes obvious that it's supposed to be gross, like blood and guts.  So, I love it.  Remember that OPI holiday polish from a few years ago, Shim-merry Chic?  Once someone implied to me that it looked like vomit, and from that day on I could not look at that polish.  I gave my bottle away, even.  This is kind of the same deal, except it doesn't make me feel pukey.  The jelly base color (which totally reminds me of bologna) sort of takes on my skintone a little bit, and the layering effect that it has with the glitter totally makes me think of intestines and blood spatters.  I did three coats of this and topped it off with a nice, thick coat of [new!] Seche.  It's not entirely smooth, but I'm fine with it.  I absolutely love this, you guys.  I haven't liked a Halloween polish this much since China Glaze Zombie Zest.  I guess I just really like zombies.  

Alright, that's all for me today!  Hopefully we'll get some pictures of our costumes this weekend that I can share with you next week.  Until then, I hope everyone has a fun [and safe] Halloween.  Think of me if you eat candy corn, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who claims it as her favorite candy.

Bye!

3 comments:

  1. Love your zombie themed polish. Have a great weekend cant wait to see your costumes! (:

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!!! Bought this for my mani for today, was debating on this or black with decals. Decision made after seeing your post. Can't wait to wear this!
    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the one polish I loved from the Halloween Collection this year! I haven't received it yet.....but after seeing your pics...I need it to arrive quickly!! Hope you had some awesome Halloween parties and that the dead didn't bite ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!