Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pearl Up

Rach sent me this polish a little while ago because when I read her post on it I couldn't not have it.  Once I read her post, I went out to all the Walgreens in this area and poked around for it, but even if I found the display Pearl Up was already cleaned out every time.  Anyway, Rach is the best and sent it on over to me.  Sadly I completely passed out on the couch, like, as soon as I had finished doing my nails, so there are some dents in the polish.  Plus there's my dry hands issue because hand sanitizer.  C'est la vie.






I've seen Pearl Up described in a couple different ways.  Some have described it as a pink-leaning beige, some a pink-leaning white.  To me, it's a straight-up light pink.  I don't think it could ever be mistaken as a white, at least not on my skintone, and the same goes for beige.  It just looks pink.  Pearl Up is a jelly, so it's not super opaque.  Meaning I had to do four coats to get it to look like this, and that was why it was a bad idea for me to fall asleep right after applying this.  But Ben was watching The Simpsons, which I don't really love, and I was under like three blankets on the couch...and the next thing I knew Ben was standing over me telling me I had to get in bed.  I knew my nails would dent.  But anyway, for a jelly the formula wasn't bad.  It's a very pretty, demure polish. The kind of polish that would enhance the look of your natural nail color at one or two coats, but that speaks for itself at three or four.  Does this have a dupe?  I don't doubt it.  I'm sure there are Essie dupes.  But SH Xtremes are so cheap that I think you'd be hard pressed to find a sheer pink that performs better at its price point.  I do think this looked better on Rachel than it does on me--it really pops on her in a good way--but I still like it.  So thanks, girl!  Much appreciated.

Anyway, non-polish news:  I got a new job!  It's at the same institution--and actually the same-ish department--but it's a different job with different responsibilities and it pays a bit more.  So I'm excited for something new.  Sadly it's not full time, but hopefully after the new year begins I will have something else on the horizon to fill the rest of my time.  Until then, I plan to be boring and married, fall asleep on the couch to The Simpsons, and to settle into my new role at work.  

I have also lately found myself digging around my stash for brownish polishes.  I think OPI How Great Is Your Dane? has kicked off some dormant desire in me to wear all the earth tones all the time.  So if anyone has any suggestions for good brown polishes, let me know what they are in the comments.  Because I am receptive.  I hope everyone is doing well!  

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that this Sally Hansen formula is cheap as chips they're hard to pass up!
    Congrats on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally Hansen nail growth miracle forbidden fudge is my fave brown. But I also like the two in the new opi Nordic collection, icebergers and friues and going my way or Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister (who likes browns more than I do, although I like the almost-grey of How Great is Your Dane?) love Suzi Loves Cowboys.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!