Tuesday, November 04, 2014

OPI Warm Me Up: Jurassic Polish

I have wanted OPI Warm Me Up since last December, but I couldn't find it anywhere once I actually decided I needed to have it.  Oddly, just the other day I was looking for it on eBay because of my recent obsession with brown, plus its nearly year-long lemming status.  Then I was at Marshall's with my friend and THERE IT WAS.  I snatched it up right away, and I'm super glad that I did.  Also it's very appropriate for right now because I finally let Ben turn the heat on on November 2!  I had been surviving in our freezing apartment by wearing fleece onesie PJs all the time.  #sexy










The lip color is an OCC Lip Tar, Vintage.  I'm trying it out.  There's definitely a learning curve with it and it definitely migrates outside the lip line...but it's pretty.

How to describe Warm Me Up...it's definitely a brown, as you can see from the photos where the sun came out to play.  But it's also sort of a pewter color.  And it has pearlescent microshimmer in it too that some have claimed makes it look frosty.  I don't feel that way.  I got no brushstrokes showing in my application and I think it looks absolutely gorgeous.  I used three coats because the formula was a little bit thin, but it dried super fast with a coat of SV.  I definitely remember re: last year's holiday offerings from OPI that I was disappointed and underwhelmed.  I ran into this year's collection last weekend in Ulta and I have to say, what in the hell is happening with all the reds?  I mean, I know that they have reds at holidaytime for a reason, and that has to be because people buy them all, but there are AT LEAST SIX.  That having been said, I may have bought one of the reds.  But there don't have to be six of them, you guys.  Relax with the red, OPI.  We get it.  More colors like Warm Me Up for holiday, please.  

Anyway, so Halloween!  Many months ago I suggested to Ben that we be Ellie and Alan from Jurassic Park.  We both absolutely love that movie and quote it pretty extensively and often, so we decided to go with the idea.  We tried to thrift as much of the costumes as possible.  Ben ended up buying a lot of accessories for his "for authenticity."  


But I thrifted pretty much my whole costume; the shirts I'm wearing as well as the shirt Samuel L. Jackson's arm is wearing and the headset are from Goodwill (Ben found the headset), and the shorts are from Walmart (on super clearance for I think $4 because I bought them after shorts season).  I got the belt from Target and the boots from DSW (but I've been wearing them pretty much every day, so they're more of a wardrobe item than a costume item).  I also wore my t-rex necklace that I got in Salem last October (which can be seen well in this post right here). The latex arm is from Spirit Halloween.  I painted it and attached the torn shirt, and then we velcroed it to my shoulder.  I mean, you all remember the relevant scene, right?  Anyway, this was my best costume.  Like, ever.  Everyone thought it was hilarious and it was pretty easily recognizable.  

Ben even had a raptor claw.  Which he enjoyed showing people and pretending to cut open their stomachs.  Try to show a little respect.

Look at Kayleigh's amazing sugar skull skills!  Seriously, her face looked so fabulous, and her makeup stayed on all night long.

Ben and I had another couples costume on Saturday night that we found hilarious and awesome, but the demographic of people at this second party was so young that they didn't get it (we were Tim and Al from Home Improvement).  I have never felt so old as I did at this party.  But the wonderful time we had at our friend Kyle's as Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler the previous night made up for it.

And!  On Sunday I stopped at Starbucks for my first red cup of the season!  I don't know why Sbux holiday fare delights me so much, but it does.  

THE DREADED NAKED NAILS.  Sorry.

Then there was a small incident involving there now being an enormous dent in my car that Ben and I are convinced was not my fault.  That really put a damper on the weekend.  But I'm trying to forget about it and not worry about it too much.  At least the best part of 2014 is yet to come because Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.  Also The Walking Dead is getting really good.  And Remy is cute.  So, those are all good things.  Oh, also, yesterday Ben and I saw St. Vincent.  And it was so good.  I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I hope everyone else also had lovely weekends/Halloweens if that's your thing.  I already cannot wait until next year.  Alright, I'm out.  Hopefully I'll be back later this week!

3 comments:

  1. This is seriously one of my all time favorite OPIs! Looks beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...love your choice of nail color. Its so pretty. They look so classy and so perfect for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of paint did you use for the arm? It looks really great in these photos and I'm planning on doing the same thing for my costume.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!