Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Year in Review

2014 was a weird and big year for me!  Lots of things happened that I thought would never happen, so I thought I would share some photos to help it go out with a bang.

First, the last hand-by-face of 2014 to quickly show you my NYE nails:



The base is an H&M polish called Chill Out that is perfect for winter, so I'll wear it on its own sometime soon.  The GLITTAH is Lippmann Today Was a Fairytale, which...swoon.  I didn't have good enough light to actually take pictures of my hands, but hopefully you'll get the idea that this is glittery and blue-tinted.  Perfect for New Year's Eve, if you ask me.  It also matches my bedtime shirt pretty well, which is Ben's Transformers shirt.  So comfy.  So soft.

Okay, and now for 2014 in pictures.


we rang in 2014 at a pajama party, which I think is definitely the best kind of party

we went to Fallingwater

took a trip to Colorado for my cousin's graduation and met family I had never met before (my grandpa's brother's daughter, on my left); also my grandpa's brother looks and sounds just like he did...makes me miss him

went to Ptown with Sammy

saw my first whales aboard the SS Steffie's Seasick

got my first tattoo--yes, on my ribcage.  Yes, it hurt.  Yes, it looks all normal and healed and pretty now.

bonus first tat picture...this is apparently what happens when you get a tattoo in Provincetown--pirates

my mom and I learned to paint, kind of

4th of July antics

I had a bridal shower

I had a bachelorette party with Kayleigh

I got married

we went to Scotland and, among other things, saw Loch Ness

I had the best Halloween costume of all time

had an ugly sweater party (sorry you can't see the sweater; you can trust me when I say it was ugly.  Maybe the reindeer antlers and Christmas light necklace makes up for it)

I put antlers on The Fuzz and he wasn't pleased...but I was

So, there's a little of my year in pictures.  Not pictured:  I started working at an art museum, which is pretty major.  I also made some new friends and cherished the ones I already had a little bit more.  It was a year of traveling and laughing; of firsts and forevers.  I have no idea what 2015 will bring, but I'm ready to ring it in with glitter all over my face and nails and a glass of champagne in my hand.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Year's Eve.  I know that, particularly this year, my blog is been a little lackluster.  I go through ups and downs with my interest in writing it, but I do find that I enjoy going back and reading my posts to see what I was up to in a certain month of a certain year and things like that.  I'll be keeping it up for as long as my blog stamina holds out...and thanks for sticking with me, if you have.  And if my sporadic once-a-week posting isn't up to snuff, follow us on Instagram (@RemyRagdoll).  I post there every day.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Nice wrap up of 2014. I have stopped posting on my blog regularly. Sad, but I find that I have no inspiration in that area lately. This is fine. Like you say; we all go through ups and downs with our blogging.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!