Monday, December 29, 2014

I'll Have a Blue Twixtmas

I always think that the few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve are the weirdest days of the year.  It seems like we shouldn't be working, but we are.  It seems like the holidays should be over, but they're really not.  I feel like we should probably take the Christmas tree down, but somehow it seems too early.  I had never heard the term "Twixtmas" before to refer to this weird set of days, but I read it somewhere recently and thought it was completely perfect.  So, Blue Twixtmas.




washed out, but looking pretty and sparkly







Remy creepin'


I used a base here of two coats of  Essie Midnight Cami, which is a pretty old color.  It's from the 2009 Cuddle With Color collection that brought us such favorites as Chinchilly and Mink Muffs (and I also love Pink Parka and Angora Cardi--really, an all-around awesome collection).  Midnight Cami is just a navy blue shimmer.  A pretty simple color, but very pretty and with a decent formula.  I topped that with two coats of H&M Mermaid, which is mostly a teal microglitter.  I was attracted to it in the store because I tend to go for glitter this time of year, and also because it was $1.  It's really pretty over a dark blue.  Dry time was good with Seche.

I hope everyone had a nice holidaytime, if you're so inclined to celebrate.  We had a pretty chill Christmas and Christmas Eve.  My mom made a great breakfast and we went to see Big Eyes (which we all enjoyed).  Ben had been gone for the ten days prior to Christmas, so it's been nice to be home with him, hanging out...and watching Nip/Tuck because now I have him hooked too.  I also did a lot of hanging out with Remy.

Remy cuddlin'

favorite dog friend, Trevor

I also cuddled with my aunt and uncle's rescued greyhound, but I don't have pictures of that.  I am not a dog person, really, but I enjoy Trevor very much.  A very cuddly Christmas, indeed.  

We're definitely looking forward to NYE over here, and I'm hoping I'll have time to write a post before then.  I have my eye on a sparkly polish combination and I really want to do a year in review post since I didn't do one last year.  Plus a lot of stuff happened for me in 2014, and I wouldn't mind doing a little blog roundup since this is Short n Chic's fifth year.  

Alright, I hope everyone is doing well and that if Santa visited he brought some good loot.  I'm just over here enjoying my Guerlain Meteorites that Ben bought me like yaaaaaaaay.  Hopefully I'll talk to you again before the year is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!