Monday, December 01, 2014

Now the Jingle Hop Has Begun

It's December.  Can you even believe it?  Because I can't.  It was also 60 degrees yesterday which was awesome/sad because it smelled like spring and it reminded me that it won't be spring until April.  But, at least there is Christmas to distract me this month.  I wanted to wear a gold in honor of the holiday season ramping up, so I chose one that I got last year and promptly forgot I owned, OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby.






Ben got me pearls for my birthday!

Okay, so this polish isn't exactly gold.  It's a combination of champagne and gold, and, honestly, I'm not crazy about it on me.  I think it's the wrong tone for me or too light or something.  Oh, and I should mention that I used topcoat with this even though the bottle is clearly angry at me and telling me NO TOPCOAT in all caps.  Technically this one is a "satin" finish, but I didn't want to deal with it chipping, like, immediately after application, as mattes and satins tend to.  Also if you add topcoat it becomes super obvious in bright light that this polish has holographic shimmer.  Which I do like, thank you very much.  The formula was good--thick.  Probably a one-coater, but I did two.  I know I haven't given this one a ringing endorsement, but I do think it would be nice on someone with a less deathly pale thing happening.  It's still ETF on amazon, etc, and it would make a nice holiday polish.  

So how was everyone's [and by that I mean people in the US] Thanksgiving??  This was my first year playing straight-up sous chef to my mom.  Usually my Auntie  Michele does that heavy lifting, but she couldn't come this year :( :( :(  I think I did a decent job, and the dinner was good.  Somehow, though, we got seven inches of snow between when guests arrived and guests left.  I ended up spending the night at my parents' house while Ben drove home (we had come separately).  But my snow driving just isn't up to snuff YET this year.  Takes me a while to get into that sliding-anti-lock-brake groove, you know?

this is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving--my dad's bloody marys.  oh my goddddd the best.

and a pajama party with my mom since I was spending the night.  obviously.

Saturday Ben and I were invited to our first Friendsgiving, so that was super exciting.  I made some reeeeeeaaaally good cookies.

pumpkin chocolate chip and cherry dark chocolate cookie shopping list...mmm...

the spread.  so pretty!

THAT GRAVY.  WAS AMAZING.  

It was a super fun time, and I was thankful for that gravy.  And friends and family and stuff like that.  But also pie.  Anyway, back to work today.  Hopefully I will be able to post another time this week, because last week was pretty sparse.  I wore OPI DBG and ChG Out Like a Light for a week straight, and it did pretty well...so I had nothing to show you guys!  But I will try to have something up by the end of the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!