Wednesday, December 10, 2014

She Means Presents; You Shouldn't Have Brought Presents!

"If China Glaze White Cap is already on the coffee table, might as well use it!" has always been my motto.  Well, not always.  Just since 2011.  I was down for a vampy this past weekend, so I pulled out China Glaze Velvet Bow and topped it with White Cap.  The results were pretty stunning, but my camera did not want to focus on the sparkly goodness.  Hopefully you will get the idea anyway.




okay this one is really blurry, but look how sparkly and gold White Cap really is




Velvet Bow is a pretty standard burgundy-vamp shade.  I actually showed it semi-recently, this past July.  I found it at Marshall's during the summer and couldn't resist it, because sometimes you just need some deep wine-y sexiness on your nails, amirite?  So anyway, I decided to pull it out again this past weekend and give it The White Cap Treatment--which is a phrase I actually think I stole from Rach.  White Cap over a color like this flashes all kinds of different shades.  It's predominantly gold, but from time to time I would catch glimpses of light green and pinkish-red shimmer.  It's amazing.  I don't think I've put it over a dark red before, actually, so I'm glad I did this.  Oh, and this was two coats Velvet Bow, one coat White Cap.  

Last weekend Ben and I hosted a little shindig at our place that ended up turning into a big shindig.  I don't think we've ever had that many people in our [relatively small] apartment before.  We all watched Christmas Vacation and Home Alone and drank many, many Christmas Ales.  It was a good time.  And now Ben and I have like a million leftover beers.  Seriously, it is ridiculous.  Every man who showed up came with two packs of various Christmas beers.  We are going to be drinking Christmas beers at Easter.

And now, some Remy goodness:  

Learning about Ariana Grande together from InStyle.  Very interesting, yes, she has cat ears too.

"I am the only one around here with cat ears.  I will voice my displeasure by suffocating this magazine."

And, passed out.

I was actually really excited to have an InStyle and to settle in and read it on a day off.  I got like 15 pages in and then I had to be done until Remy decided to move FOUR HOURS LATER.  Because obviously I can't move him when he's asleep.  I mean, look at him.  He's cute.  More of his cuteness can be seen on Instagram:  RemyRagdoll.  Find him.

Okay, that's all for me today.  But the good news for you is that I'll be back on Friday for the last SMS of 2014!

1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous! I just took off Jump In My Jumpsuit but now I want to put it back on and give it the White Cap Treatment!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!