Friday, December 12, 2014

Shopping My Stash: Merry 'n Bright

Can you believe that this our last SMS post of 2014?  Where did the year even go??  For our very last joint-post of the year, Rach and I decided to White Christmas it up and go with a merry and bright theme.  So here is my merry and bright interpretation, combining an older polish and a newer polish.










Okay, so first thing's first.  The base of this is Zoya Seraphina.  It's from the 2013 holiday collection called Zenith, and I kind of feel like it was the only classic holiday color in that collection...but I'm not sure.  I don't really follow Zoya releases because the polishes don't agree with my body chemistry and chip almost immediately.  But.  In the bottle Seraphina just looked so pretty that I couldn't pass it up.  It's a pearly semi-silver/semi-white shimmer.  It's a little sheer.  Two coats was decent, but I added a third for extra dimension and a bit more coverage.  And THEN.  And then.  I added Funky Fingers Fra-gee-lay, which is everything.



HOW'S THIS FOR A SELFIE

I'm pretty big on A Christmas Story.  I always watched it with my parents growing up, and my dad would always tell me that it was filmed in Cleveland.  Although I've lived in CLE pretty much my whole life, I never went to the Christmas Story House until 2012.  And it's totally worth the visit.  I have a few pictures from when we went, but this one is probably my favorite:

Be sure...to drink...your Ovaltine.  Ovaltine?!  A CRUMMY COMMERCIAL?!  Son of a bitch!

Anyway, I don't know how many leg lamps you encounter where you live, but here in Cleveland we embrace that kitsch.  I know a few people who keep leg lamps in their windows for the holiday season.  So when Rach texted and told me that there are A Christmas Story polishes at Five Below, I was basically like, "hold on, I'm getting in my car right now even though I'm not wearing pants."  

Fra-gee-lay reminded me of China Glaze Party Hearty when I first saw it, but they are actually nothing alike (I most recently wore ChG PH in 2012 as a jelly sammy...and I loved it; you can check that out here.  That post also features a couple other Christmas Story House photos).  Whereas Party Hearty has red, green, and silver glitter in varying sizes (including microglitter), Fra-gee-lay has matte white, green, and red glitter.  No microglitter.  But they are both totally amazing in their own ways.  And yes, if you love Party Hearty, then you need to get in your car right now--pants or no pants--and track down this Funky Fingers polish.  I'm never sure how I feel about matte glitters, but I actually love the white in this one.  It really kicks the red and green up a notch and I'm obsessed with how this looks over Seraphina.  Merry and bright indeed.  

Okay, that's all for me today.  Getting this post up was a struggle, but I'm glad it's here!  And thank you for reading our SMS posts for 2014!  Rach and I have a blast choosing polishes to feature every month, and it's been fun to blog with a pal!  And just think...only two weeks to Christmas/24 hours of A Christmas Story!!  Rejoice!  

2 comments:

  1. I like the combination of the two polishes. Oh and I love the Chinese restaurant scene where the sing Jingles Bells (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome polish name. lol

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!