Tuesday, January 27, 2015

essence Hello Marshmallow!

Back at the end of November I received the loveliest gift box of goodies from Karoline, proprietress of the blog Glittersnapdragon.  There was a nice wedding card, a little change purse, and OODLES OF NAIL POLISH.  I had fun unwrapping each one with my dad, and he gave me all of his opinions on which ones he liked best, etc.  Seriously, this was a beyond generous gift.  I just now got around to trying some of the polishes out, and there are so many gems that it was tough for me to pick which one I wanted to wear first.  In the end, the name of an essence polish got me.  I mean, when something is called Hello Marshmallow! it's difficult to resist.







When I looked for swatches of this one I found two different polishes with the same name.  The first one is a lilac creme, and the second one is a lilac chrome/frost.  Obviously this is the second version.  I was attracted to the color straightaway, but when I was polishing I got pretty worried about brushstrokes.  As soon as I put topcoat on, though, the brushstrokes disappeared, and instead of looking like a frost, this looks kind of like a chrome.  So I don't know what to call it.  But whatever you want to call it, I'm into it.  The formula was really good, and even though essence bottles are pretty tiny, I thought the brush was easy to work with.  I used two coats.

Colors like this ALWAYS remind me of Buffy/the late 90s.  I swear, in season one her nails are always some sort of frost-ish pastel shade.  So even though when I look down at my hands I kind of hear Lucius Fox say, "three buttons is a little 90s, Mr. Wayne," I still really like this color.  Especially for winter.  It reminds me of frozen stuff.

Alright, that's all for me today.  Sorry this was a quickie; at least I met my goal of getting a post up at the beginning of the week!  Hopefully I will have another one for you by Friday, but this week is going to be a little crazy bananas so we'll see how I cope.  Take care until next time!  Also, just do yourself a favor and watch some Buffy.  You know you want to.

1 comment:

  1. I have the old version of this color! I was really confuse when I saw the title of this post and the preview photo on BlogLovin' - I was like Um, I'm not sure that's Hello Marshmallow... This version is pretty too, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!