Friday, January 23, 2015

SH Insta-Dri Show Steel-er

I failed again at blogging this week and you only get one post.  Sry.  But like, winter?  And stuff?  The good news is that there might be new Insta-Dris, I guess.  I mean, I didn't recognize any on the display I saw recently at Target and I didn't find any swatches during a cursory Google search.  I only picked up one.






As the name of this one might imply, it is gray.  But it is a very, very cool gray.  So cool, in fact, that I questioned whether or not it was gray when I got it home and looked at it in my kitchen light (which is terrible).  But no, it's definitely gray.  It just looks like a powder blue sometimes.  What to say about Insta-Dri?  You all already know about the a.) weird shaped bottle b.) long, flat brush stem that is hard to wipe off and c.) the canoe paddle brush.  At one point I thought I was used to the brush, but it had been a while since I had used one of these polishes, so when I went to do my nails I was basically like WTFFFFFF all over again.  The formula was good, though, for such a light color.  Two coats and I was in business.  I actually really, really like this polish.  It's a really good neutral and I think it's nice for winter and even into spring.  Oh yeah, and the display I found this on said these polishes are "new and improved" or something along those lines.  ??  I don't know.  The formula seems to be the same.  The staying power of this has been good so far, though.  I'm on my third day of wearing it with nary a chip in sight (but some tipwear).

In other news, I got this really professional, adult-looking watch from Bed, Bath & Beyond yesterday:


I know, I know.  You want one too to wear with your work ensembles.  I get it.  Lucky for you there were a bunch of prints--not just sprinkles!--and this was only like $14.  Can we also talk about how all BB&Bs are not created equal?  There's one about half an hour from me that has a Harmon's in it and dude.  It's good.  I almost never get to go there, but I'm going to have much more occasion in the future because I'm teaching for a school with a campus right next to it.  Hey, benefits.  Ben is out of town so I texted him a picture of this watch and somehow it ended up in this conversation, which cracked me up:

This is how we share our love.  It was basically our wedding vows.

Okay, NEXT WEEK I will have at least one post.  And that post will go up Monday or Tuesday, I promise.  It's becoming a habit to not have something up until Friday and I don't like it.  So I'm going to do my best next week.  MY BEST.  Which sometimes isn't that great.  But I have a sprinkle watch on, so please forgive me.  Has anyone else run across this "new and improved" Insta-Dri display?  I'm always kind of happy to see new SH polishes, but the colors for like the past year in seasonal collections have not been speaking to me.  But!  This gray is good.  Trust me.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,

    What a great color! Nothing quite like a good grey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this BB&B you speak of? I live in Willoughby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany! I actually live in Willoughby, too. The store I'm talking about is in Warrensville Heights/Highland Heights on Richmond. It's the only one I know of in the area that has cosmetics.

      Delete
    2. Oh, thank you. I don't get down that way too much since I work in downtown Cleveland and my boyfriend is out in Lakewood, but a special trip can definitely be made at sometime :)

      Delete
    3. I feel like Willoughby (at least where I live) is convenient to nothing. Grumble.

      Delete
  3. I meant to ask you about your polish last night but forgot. Now I need to get this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it from Willoughby Target! It has all the things. Not really. But some of the things.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, that's a new shade. Confusingly, there's a very similar display with LE Insta Dri shades. No grey in that one, though.

    Love the watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep seeing different displays all over the place. I just picked one that appealed to me.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!