Monday, February 16, 2015

Essie Plumberry

A bit of a late post today, but considering last Thursday's early-post-snafu, I figured a late one would balance things out.  Plus it'll be super short because I've got to get to working on some things today.  Mondays off are great, but what I really need are Thursdays off, so I'm working from home today so that I don't have to on Thursday.  Sorry George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and...other presidents.  Also sorry in advance for the bad lighting.  The weather is not cooperative here.  





matte eyeshadows brought to you by the tartelette palette, which was brought to me by my husband.  if you're thinking about that palette, get it.  it's solid.  and the packaging is gorgeous.

Essie Plumberry was a total impulse buy for me.  It's core, so I've seen it a lot before, but I was never really interested in the color.  Then the same day that I was wandering around CVS buying random NOPIs, I decided to also throw Plumberry into my basket.  I am so glad I did.  This color is absolutely LUSCIOUS.  First of all, it looks great on me.  It would be a beautiful color to wear on toes in the summer.  When I looked up swatches of this one online I noticed that it looks pretty red in every picture.  I see now that's because it photographs too red.  Really, this polish is not red, not, pink, and not purple.  But it's kind of red, kind of pink, and kind of purple.  Descriptive, right?  
Basically what I'm saying is that it has a great name, because it's pretty much a plummy-toned berry.  If you like fuchsias or berries or reds, I highly recommend that you get this color.  It is just glorious.  I like it way more than I thought I would when I initially picked it up.  Anna and Rach, I'm looking at you two, because I remember how much you both like Style Hunter and I think this is in the same wheelhouse.  The formula was very nice, and this polish only needs two coats.  It's not a creme-jelly hybrid, but when it dries it does have almost a squishy look to me.  Maybe that's just because the color is so luscious, which I know I already said, but really is the best description of it.

To conclude, go buy this if you don't already own it.  Especially if you're in the US and off work today for President's Day.  All those dead presidents would definitely want you to own this polish because pursuit of happiness, etc.  I will perhaps be back with another post later in the week because I found some spring Essies at Wags last night, and y'all know that we Cleveland-people need some spring in our lives.  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I totally have Plumberry! Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to pull it out this week.

    Also, damn. Tartelette is gorgeous and I think I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Plumberry!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!