Thursday, February 26, 2015

Essie Wrap Me Up

The other day my friend Sammy asked me what I thought of the Essie Cashmere Mattes.  To which I responded, I don't know.  I bought a couple and then promptly forgot about them.  I decided to pull one of them one and see...what I think of it.








This lipstick is everything.  Rimmel Kiss Me You Fool (again).

Wrap Me Up is one that I didn't initially buy but felt like I had to go back for.  My verdict?  Eh.  I think the matte thing is kind of a gimmick, so I put topcoat over it.  Really I was just in it for the color.  Essie is calling it a "whisper soft pink" or something like that, but the first word that comes to mind when I look at it is "almond."  It's okay, don't get me wrong, it's just not special like I thought it might be.  I have seen swatches of it as matte and that doesn't excite me either.  The formula was a little bit tricky.  I had to work fast, and I needed three coats.  I still probably have some bald patches down toward my cuticles from where the brush dragged over the not-quite-dry polish.  But it looks pretty decent.  I would call this a very work appropriate color...but at the same time it's a bit stark and eye-catching.  Is it unique?  Well, I guess so because it has the weird matte finish.  Will I take advantage of the finish?  Nope.  That having been said, I feel like I have a lot of colors that look like this-ish.  So, I say you can skip this one, Sam.  And everyone else.

That is all I can muster today, y'all.  I have had like the worst headache for a couple days this week--I don't have it in the morning but it develops throughout the day and then by nighttime I'm ready to dramatically collapse.  Maybe the pressure has changed or something and it's my sinuses.  Who knows.  At any rate, I'm writing this in the evening so I'm going to go dramatically collapse now.  And by that I mean watch Shaun of the Dead and then roll over and go to sleep.

Steffie out.  

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't wowed by it either...it looked like a more almond (and matte) version of Urban Jungle. Pretty, but not a must-have.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!