Thursday, February 12, 2015

Shopping My Stash: A Very B V-Day

At this point I should just cop to the fact that Rach comes up with our SMS themes.  Usually I'm sitting at a desk frantically doing something when she texts me and is like, "Hey I have this great idea!" and I'm just like, "Oh my god, did the month change??!"  So what I'm saying is, she came up with a great idea for February, which is that we let our respective Bs/significant others choose the polishes.  My B loves choosing my nail polish.  Like, really.  So I think he was pretty happy when I directed him to the CLOSET OF INSANE AMOUNTS OF MAKEUP and said, go to.  He came back with several I had already worn and several I hadn't, and he ended up choosing CQ Pink Copper.  Which, as I said to Rach, was a curveball.  Like, when's the last time you saw someone blog CQ?  The answer is today.







lipstick is Rimmel Provocalips Kiss Me You Fool, which is perfect and will enliven any "no makeup" day, which is why you can see ALL OF MY FRECKLES

Pink Copper is...well, it has a great name.  Because that's a good way to describe it.  Either that or metallic salmon, which is what I plan on naming my Norwegian girl band one day.  It seriously is a pretty color, and somewhere in the depths of my being I feel like there's a Zoya dupe for it.  The formula was actually really nice!  I used three thin coats here.  There isn't much else to say about it.  If you're interested in finding this one...uh...I think they still sell them at CVS?  I don't even know.  I got Pink Copper so freaking long ago, and I never seek out this brand anymore.  There's something about the little weirdly shaped bottles that I like, though.  They're oddly pleasing and easy to hold.

I don't know about y'all, but Ben and I derped on Valentine's Day this year.  To his credit, he suggested we take a trip, but I feel overwhelmed by a lot of things right now and I didn't feel like taking a trip was the best thing for this weekend.  Once we decided not to take a trip, every restaurant ever was booked. So, tonight we're going out for our friend's birthday.  Tomorrow our plan is to cook dinner together (although Ben keeps saying he wants to do it, but I get territorial about the kitchen...as in, OH MY GOD GET OUT OF HERE IT'S TOO SMALL AND I'M COOOOOKING!!!), and then go out for ice cream or cake or something similarly terrible for us.  So, yeah.  Hopefully it will be low key because I need a day where I can just sleep in and not feel guilty about it.  What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day? 

Okay, over 'n out.  Check out Rachel's post, blah blah you know the drill.  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, it's been foreverrrrr since I've seen a CQ polish!

    As for Valentine's Day, I have class (boooo). So I'm baking brownies when I get home and ordering a heart shaped pizza. Totally boring and totally lame. Which is absolutely okay with me.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!