Monday, March 30, 2015

Essie Petal Pushers/Whoops Here I Am

Oh, hey.  Accidentally took a month break from blogging and caring about nail polish because March has been a little crazy for me.  I've had a lot going on in a lot of ways, and I couldn't find time to a.) do my nails b.) take pictures of them and c.) write about them.  I had to write about other stuff, which, trust me, was way less fun.  But now, here I am and I don't even have good pictures to show you.  But I figured that something was better than nothing.

this lipstick is Maybelline Siren in Scarlet and it is everything, which I may have mentioned before


uh, love this

I didn't have good enough light to take proper photos of Petal Pushers, but I'm so overdue on this one that y'all know what it looks like.  It's a very, very cool toned gray creme.  The formula was really nice and I only needed two coats.  I think if you like grays you should just buy this.  It'll look good on everyone, and it's appropriate for pretty much every season.  It also lasted a pretty long time on me, so I give it a ringing endorsement. 

So anyway, like I said I have been busy, but I've also been trying to head down lake-ward when I can, because everything is starting to thaw and I'm ready for sun.  Last weekend it was still a little cold but there was a pretty sunset, so I thought I'd share this picture I managed to snap from inside--because, like I said, it was cold.


Not much else to report.  Ben and I just watched the finale of The Walking Dead and I felt kind of whelmed by it/by the second half of this season generally.  Maybe my expectations were too high going into it; who knows.  But you know what I have been enjoying?  Better Call Saul.  Seriously, if you were at all into Breaking Bad and you're not watching BCS you are missing some profoundly amazing television.  It makes Mondays worth living through.  Also Rach got me into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  I binged it in one day, and then I also made Ben watch it a couple days later.  So good.  We are constantly singing the theme song.

Alright, I hope that you guys have been doing well.  I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I will try a little harder in April.  

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. I just started Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night and LOVE IT. I'm making Bryant start it when he gets home. In other Netflix TV news, I really want to start Bloodline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been meaning to take a look at "Better Call Saul", will definitely now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveloveloved Kimmy Schmidt. Rach is a good influence :) Also, I'm so jealous of your ability to rock red lipstick. I'm terrified. I have one...Rimmel Moisture Renew in Red Alert. AHHH. I wore it the day I bought it - from Walgreens home...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grade School in the not so distant future

    Tommy: (opening his lunchbox) Oh, yes. Pudding. Chocolate Pudding! I've got the coolest mom.

    Sarah: What did you just say?

    Tommy: I got some chocolate pudding. You want some?

    Sarah: Not that. You said something else.

    Tommy: Oh, yeah. My mom made it for me.

    Sarah: You think you're better than me because you have a female parent?

    Tommy: Uh?

    Sarah: My parent A and parent 1 are both males. But do I go around and say that I am superior because I have two male parents and you have only one?

    Tommy: (blank stare)

    Sarah: Well, do I?

    Tommy: Er, I guess not.

    Sarah: So, why do you have rub it in my face that I don't have a female parent?

    Tommy: You're not getting any of my pudding. (Gets up to move to another table)

    Sarah: Oh, Teacher Thistlethwaite! Teacher Thistlethwaite:

    Thistlethwaite: (walking up to Sarah's table) What is it, Sarah?

    Sarah: Tommy said a heterosexist word.

    Thistlethwaite: Stop right there, Tommy. (Tommy freezes, has a nervous look on his face). Sarah, what did it say?

    Sarah: It used the M-Word. It said, "I have the coolest M."

    Thistlethwaite: Is this true, Tommy?

    Tommy: I was just happy that she...

    Thistlethwaite: What did we teach you about that pronoun?

    Tommy: We should not use it?

    Thistlethwaite: Because?

    Tommy: You said so?

    Thistlethwaite: Sarah, help it out.

    Sarah: "She" is a gendered pronoun and as such was used to indoctrinate people into accepting the oppressive, theocratic heteronormative regime as just and normal when in reality it was unjust and the imposition of heterosexist fetishism and fascism.

    Thistlethwaite: Sarah, very, very good! Now, Tommy, what did Sarah just say?

    Tommy: I don't know. May I just eat my pudding now, please?

    Thistlethwaite: No. Give me your lunchbox. Hand it over! (Pulls Tommy's Lunchbox out of his hands after a struggle). You will sit here and write what Sarah just said one hundred times. And if you don't have it done by the end of school, then you will be kept after school until you do. Is that clear?

    Tommy: Yes, Teacher Thistlethwaite.

    Sarah: But what about its use of the M-Word? It said it. I heard it say the M word, Teacher Thistlethwaite. You can't let it get away with that and unbend the arc of Justice.

    Thistlethwaite: You are quite right, Sarah. Tommy, come with me to the principal's office. While you write Sarah's excellent summary of the dangers of gendered pronoun, you will wash your mouth out with soap. Come along now, Tommy.

    Tommy: Yes, Teacher Thistlethwaite.

    Sarah: Oh, oh, Teacher Thistlethwaite, may I have Tommy's pudding?

    Thistlethwaite: Oh, yes, of course, dear child. (gives Sarah Tommy's Lunchbox)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!