Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Essie Urban Jungle

I could have sworn that I posted this one because I know that I wore it at least once, but apparently I just derped on that.  The other night I really wanted to find sort of a stark neutral (or even a white, but we all know how difficult that is) to wear, and I came across Urban Jungle.  And I really like it.






I don't really know how to describe this color other than putty-pink.  At first it seems like sort of a grungy neutral color, but it's definitely pink--especially in indoor lighting.  I think it looks really beautiful and classy, and I vaguely remember wanting to wear this one for my wedding.  So, whoops. The formula is what you would expect for such a light color.  I needed three coats.  Applying it didn't piss me off too badly, but I wouldn't call it pleasant.  Regardless, I'm keeping Urban Jungle around for sure (and I've already had it a year--haha).  I think it'll be a great color for toes in the summertime.

Speaking of summertime, spring said goodbye to us (at least for last weekend) and it was 90 degrees. Luckily I was at the lake house for Mother's Day and it was the best weekend I've had in a long time.

Day 1.  This was obviously taxing but someone had to do it.

Our first sunset boat ride.  It rained later, but held off for our little jaunt.

Day 2.  Sky was blue.  It was hot.  Thumbs up.

Seriously, I feel like it has been the longest winter ever--I mean, it snowed like three weeks ago.  As soon as I got down there on Saturday after work I was immediately in a bathing suit lying on the dock.  My paper white self needed that vitamin D help, definitely.  Plus Mother's Day is always nice because I love my mom ;)  But something about this past weekend was particularly amazing.  OH YEAH and the Cavs beat the Bulls on Sunday, so I screamed myself hoarse about that.  Just good times, generally.  Ben is out of town again next weekend, so I'm going back down lakeward to hang out with my dad--my mom is going to be painting the town red in New Orleans celebrating her retirement with a friend.  I think dad and I will survive.  And I really hope it's hot again.

K, hope you guys are having good weeks.  Looks like another busy one for me, but my final grades are in for my class and my articles are edited so HELL YAAASSSS.  Things should start to slow down for me soon.  Hooray for summertime!!

4 comments:

  1. Dammit, I forgot about this one. Putting it on tonight.
    I just bought Salt Water Happy-waiting for it to arrive to assess it as a wedding polish possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always shy away from neutrals and white-pinks but this one looks beautiful on you!! I'm glad you had a great weekend and I love the fact that you're a Cavs fan!! I have a Cavs inspired mani ready for tonight, I think that's what helped them win on Sunday too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely weekend! What lipstick are you wearing on "Day 1"? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague! I get so many compliments when I wear that one.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!