Tuesday, June 16, 2015

American Apparel Coney Island

Close your eyes and cast your mind back.  It's 2010 and American Apparel starts releasing nail polish; we all go apeshit.  Or maybe it was just me.  I ended up buying a lot of the shades and, as often happens for me, forgot about most of them.  All of sudden over the weekend I was really feeling a mod light pink so I started digging around for Essie Fiji, but I couldn't find it (I really need to organize).  I did find AA Coney Island, which I had never used.  So, is it love?  (Disclaimer:  super dry cuticles and don't know why because it's humid out and I'm oiling my cuticles all the time; also, tiny black specks on my middle nail...no idea what happened)



Ummm yeah, this shirt is everything.  I really want to link you to it because I feel like I'm going to get questions about it, but it's apparently so new that it's not on the Anthropologie website yet--at least not as I write this.  I picked it up on Sunday and the SA at my Anthro told me it just came in.  It's Maeve, which has recently become my favorite brand at that store.


You guuuuuuuuuys, ohmygod this is such a good polish!  First of all, I haven't used an American Apparel in like...I don't know...several years?  Actually, the last one I used was Trenchcoat, and that was in 2011.  Okay, anyway, Coney Island.  It's pink.  Almost pastel/baby, but not quite.  But god damn if I don't love it.  It's white-based, but darker than Essie Fiji.  I remember that AA cremes have amazing formulas, and this one was pretty good, but not phenomenal.  I would attribute that to the pastel-ness.  I did three coats here, and although the polish was a little patchy going on, it was still really easy to control.  Seriously, I don't know what's gotten into me, but I feel like this is going to be my color this summer.  I don't usually feel this way about pink.  I think it would make a great pedicure color (on me, anyway), and I cannot stop swooning over it on my fingers.  

And that's all.  This is a busy week for me, so I don't know if I'll be able to throw up another post, but we'll see.  Until then, what's your favorite summer polish color?  I'm also digging minty greens right now.  

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. That top is seriously on point. Good find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED that blouse. So very perfect. Going to Anthropologie tomorrow!

    Also, I don't normally go for pinks... but that one is cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a 36 year old woman, you're all about those 80s, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a 36 year old woman, you're all about those 80s, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....this is so cute! I super love the color. It looks great on you. Fits your OOTD.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!