Thursday, July 23, 2015

Whatever This Is

Not sure what possessed me to do this, but.  Well.  This: 





Yep, that's Friday Night Lights in the background.  Finally watching it.

Basically this is what happens when there are a bunch of nail polishes sitting on the coffee table and I'm like, eh.  Better just use all of them I guess.  Essie Chillato is on my thumb and ring finger.  Out of all of these polishes, this was the only one I hadn't used before.  Formula was...difficult.  But it's a pastel, so I don't expect much from it.  I used three coats.  Sally Hansen Bridal Bling is on my index finger; that one is good in two coats and really is extra beautiful.  It could make a nice layering polish, too.  Essie Blossom Dandy is on my middle finger.  I wore that one as a full manicure here.  Lastly, OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake is on my pinky.  That one is a pretty old polish.  Even though it has all the good old chemicals in it, the formula is still kind of crappy.  It needs at least three coats and takes forever to dry.  Although all of these colors look a little bonkers together, I can't deny that I'm sort of into it.  It does look a little Easter-y, though.  I can overlook that.

This has been sort of a weird week.  I worked last Saturday and last Sunday, so I didn't go into work on Monday or Tuesday.  And now it's already Thursday.  I spent my two days off doing this:

per usual; #dockselfie

And also encouraging Remy to walk a little bit with his ridiculous harness and leash.  He's not super into it, but he did a little bit of exploring while I sat near him.  I think it's a good sign that if something scares him he runs to me and sits in my lap instead of running away from me and hiding in a bush or something.  But I guess that's what the leash is for.

If you'd like to see more of Remy's adventures, follow us on Instagram (RemyRagdoll)

Anyway, that's basically all.  I kind of can't believe that July is winding down already.  I feel like yesterday was the Fourth.  The shitty, rainy summer we've been having is supposed to let up for most of this week, so I'm glad about that.  And last weekend it was 90 and sunny where I was (which resulted in gnarly sunburn but also kind of made me happy).  I cannot cope with another Cleveland winter without the benefit of a Cleveland summer.  I hope all of you are having nice weather wherever you are.  Don't forget to walk your cat.

9 comments:

  1. That's funny you have Chillato ... I think we flipped because I have Peach Side Babe, which I think of as a Very Steff Color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Looks bright and summer-y! I am tempted by Chillato, but have read such bad reviews about the formula that I'm a little hesitant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking the cat?! Do you know anything about cats? You don't walk a cat. You don't put a cat on a leash. That's for servile beasts like dogs. The noble, defiant cat is not servile. Walking a cat is an ignominious insult to her inherently aristocratic dignity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you tell that to my cat, who loves to go outside.

      Delete
  4. I let my cat go outside all the time and never even have thought once of putting her on a leash. She would scratch me eyes out if I tried. She's a noble beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you two! I don't trust my noble beast. And he's docile enough that he would never scratch me intentionally.

      Delete
    2. Paul, if this is you. I swear to god.

      Delete
  5. I rarely mix colors on one hand but this looks interesting

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!